Franken reel

Started by CooldadE, November 13, 2011, 06:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Jigger

Nice work there. You have built a lovely reel,too nice to take fishing but I'm sure you will not be happy until you are catching with it. That's how I feel about reels, they always look better on a rod with a good fish hanging from it. ;)

CooldadE

Thanks Irish... I always like to have a project going on. Sturgeon are starting to bite so it's time to fill the reel with straight #25 mono and strap on some of Hippo's Sturgeon killer swingarm leaders and go get um. I am building a new rod for the Franken reel...its a Seeker CLBF 708 blank 15-25lb. It's ready for guides now. I have a new project reel, My brother built a 4/0 accurate sideplate reel so I get his left overs. I have most of the parts, some are rusted...might blast them and Duracoat or powdercoat them. Might even Duracoat the sideplates...
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

CooldadE

Quote from: CooldadE on December 04, 2011, 12:46:33 AM
Quote from: CooldadE on December 03, 2011, 01:05:24 AM
Well all the parts came togeather today for my Frankenstine reel... Parts list / sideplates from a new Chinese Jigmaster ( from my brother, he built a Accurate sideplate reel ) Reel stand and posts from a 112H, Bridge,yoke,gears,misc. small parts from Ebay, SS sleeve ala Alan T, new HT100 drags (Greased) handle from a 12H International, NOS chrome 99 spool and new 18-8 stainless allen head screws. A True Frankenstien reel... Put it all togeather and POOF...Its Alive and works great. Pictures to follow.
[/quote

At the time I scored 2 NOS 99 spools. So I built 2 ...

Cool

mo65

Sweet reel! Great compilation of parts! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

CooldadE

Thanks... the second reel has US side plates and innards, Newell base and bars, NOS 99 spool and another 12H handle... love the 99 size reel.

Cool

Rancanfish

Boy this has me confused.  How did a nine year old thread start again?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

CooldadE

Sorry... I messed up. I was trying to attach the pics to a later post about Jigmaster /112H...
I'm tech impaired.

Cool