Got 5 Grand?

Started by ChileRelleno, November 12, 2019, 10:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

David Hall

not sure exactly how collectable the reel is? But that's a hefty price for what I might describe as a giant paperweight.

pjstevko

Well some people have more $$$ the sense  :o ;D :o ;D

thorhammer

Daron, I have a few of those reels. Send me some acrylic and I'll split the profit with you. I bet we can undercut that dude and still get 3K.  ;D ;D ;D

1badf350

Quote from: pjstevko on November 12, 2019, 11:51:41 PM
Well some people have more $$$ the sense  :o ;D :o ;D
Some have plenty of both
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

conchydong

ChileRelleno

Amazingly some folks with no sense have money to burn.
And they're the ones upon which the saying, "A fool and their money are soon parted." is predicated.

I thought y'all might find this amusing.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

1badf350

Quote from: ChileRelleno on November 13, 2019, 12:56:56 PM
And they're the ones upon which the saying, "A fool and their money are soon parted." is predicated.

Did someone buy it for $5000? I don't know much about Abu reels to make a determination as to the collectibility or value of such an item. If it were a genuine one of two known PENN displays from the 1950s, the bidding could get crazy.
Remember, just because you don't see value in certain things doesn't mean its not valuable to someone else, and certainly doesn't make the buyer foolish.
Some people would say you and I are foolish for buying a bunch of guns. Who are they to say?  
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

ChileRelleno

Quote from: 1badf350 on November 13, 2019, 02:39:43 PM
Quote from: ChileRelleno on November 13, 2019, 12:56:56 PM

Did someone buy it for $5000? I don't know much about Abu reels to make a determination as to the collectibility or value of such an item. If it were a genuine one of two known PENN displays from the 1950s, the bidding could get crazy.
Remember, just because you don't see value in certain things doesn't mean its not valuable to someone else, and certainly doesn't make the buyer foolish.
Some people would say you and I are foolish for buying a bunch of guns. Who are they to say?  
I still find the idea of a 5k paperweight amusing and foolish.
I'd find the Penn's to be the same.

I'll be the first admit a few of my firearms purchases are a bit foolish.
#1 example, my newest one, the RRA LAR15A4 NM.
I'm not a competitor, it won't even see the range too often and I could've bought something more useful.
But I am trained and experienced in it's use out to 600 yards so it's not a waste of safe space.
Ragnar Benson:

Big Tim

I'll be the first admit a few of my firearms purchases are a bit foolish.
#1 example, my newest one, the RRA LAR15A4 NM.
I'm not a competitor, it won't even see the range too often and I could've bought something more useful.
But I am trained and experienced in it's use out to 600 yards so it's not a waste of safe space.
[/quote]

Yes I'm sure I didn't need the new Colt LE6920-FTRLS I just purchased, but since there were a very limited issue to California and who knows what's up with Colt? I knd of feel lucky I got one. The $5000 ABU ::)

Tim