Another Sunny Day in SE. AK.

Started by gstours, November 13, 2019, 05:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Just saying,  when its nice weather,  go fishin,  when its crappy,  wish you could go fishin.    Below is a fun day we had that is worth sharing.
    Beleive it oar not some days arent this nice.   Wish you were there.    ;)

Steve-O

Hmmmmm.....looks like Ishmael ( Wayne )  is reeling up the whale and Capt. Ahab  ( Dominick ) is readying to harpoon the beastie.

Arrrrr!....that be fishin' in the great frontier of southeast Alaska!!

El Pescador

Quote from: Steve-O on November 13, 2019, 06:32:23 PM
Hmmmmm.....looks like Ishmael ( Wayne ) ...

Steve-O'meister!

And all this time I thought my background was of German decent!!!!

YOU need to plan a visit to Gary-the-BUTTman in Gustavus and I'll meet you there for a week of SUNSHINE and Halibut catch'n!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

El Pescador

And MO-meister!

Same goes for you!

Need to get you on a plane headed North to Alaska!!!!

You want to be the bait guy!  Please do.

You will put more fish bait on one Halibut jig than you will ever eat at any fish fry! 

GAR ON TEED!!!!!

Let's all schedule a summer's trip.

Wayne

gstours

Here,s another teaser clip for you mid week folks who are at home wishing you were fishing.  :) just sayin.
      As the weather up here is always changing ,  its a foggy morning off the dock.  There is something kind of mysterious about what your off to do it seems.   Kinda like tippy toeing past the hall monitor when they arent looking...... :o
   I like to think its kinda an undercover operation,  especially when your plan works out! :)    A nice fish was waiting for us as you will see.

mo65

Quote from: El Pescador on November 13, 2019, 11:44:40 PM
And MO-meister!

Same goes for you!

Need to get you on a plane headed North to Alaska!!!!

You want to be the bait guy!  Please do.

You will put more fish bait on one Halibut jig than you will ever eat at any fish fry! 

GAR ON TEED!!!!!

Let's all schedule a summer's trip.

Wayne

Boys, I'd love to fly out there for a fishin' trip, but I'll have to start a savings jar. Not sure I can live long enough to fill the jar though. :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Steve-O

Wayne - I hope you noted the references from Herman Melville's book,  MOBY DICK. Ishmael opens the story with " Call me Ishmael....".

I think most here know the rest of the story of the great white whale and Ahab's obsession with it.

But yeah....an epic adventure such as you describe might need to happen.

Before I moved from NC to Utah...my coworkers always lamented my annual Alaska trips....saying they wanted to go.

My response was save your lunch money and you can join me next year.

They spent $10 or more everyday on lunch while I brown bagged it.   That would put $2800 in the Alaska fishing trip fund in one year and covers my costs since I'm frugal by nature and DIY my AK trips.

None of them ever joined me.

I haven't missed a year in the last 20 and put two extra trips in twice. One of those bonus trips was to the Gustavus/Icy Straits are where Gary is.

I recognize the islands and spots he fishes butt promise not reveal the GPS coordinates.

gstours

Oar you could be a bait boy and work for fun.  Here a case when I needed 2 people to stack bait on my hooks as fast as they could.

They could barely keep up. ::)   the breeze started as they sweated and the speedos stayed on, the fish were hungry and there was no shade. ;)   Just sayin.   

Steve-O

Oh Gary, That's tooo funny!!!

The folks who read your posts and don't know the inside stories on those persons of interest in your pic....must be scratching their heads at the Speedo comment.

Butt....I'm not tellin...

Thanks for sharing this.

Steve

El Pescador

GARYEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

How many other photos are you holding onto and only parsing out a few at a time????

Lay it all on the line buddy boy!!!!

Knee deep in the salt mine today!!!

Wayne

Dominick

78 degrees on that day.  It was like fishing in Mexico.  No Speedos though.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Thanks for your kindness and all.    Butt the post is about the rare sunny weather in southeast alaska and how inclement weather keeps outsiders away by intimidation in a very subtle , almost casual overlook.   Butt when its nice,  go fishing, Right,  thats for everybody all the time.   Life is short.  Everybody has a story yet untold! :-*

A fun way to get to your fishin community.   Not for everybody.

Evenings can be booringly long.
  The next day could be kinda nice, so to speak.

oar you could be caught in a delima,

Every day seems different.  

Its the last  unexployted frontier in the continent.

Interesting enough to repeat a decade ago the governor of the state had a slogan that was  ''you can come here but please don't stay''
      What did that say?  Most people did have to worry as it wasn,t their cupof tea.     Just sayin.   Thanks.

Alto Mare

I have to get up there one day!...with the hopes I'll get better soon.
What a majestic place.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful place with us, Gary.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.