The XB95

Started by mo65, November 14, 2019, 08:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Quote from: sandbar on May 08, 2021, 11:51:58 AM
Does the XB65 also have a Brass Main Gear?

No, the XB65 had a zinc main. It and the XRL40 did have a brass pinion though. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

sandbar

Thank You for your help.
Just getting back in after a couple months of outage work.
Another one next month.
Reels are waiting.
Where is Festus ?

Gfish

If you looked on da Bay or another old tackle selling site, is there a way to tell the earlier XB's from the one's with the zinc main gears?
I re-read this'n and liked everything about this reel, especially that main shaft with the big fat spool bushing, but yeah, to be an A, rear shaft support would be needed, IMO. Great write-up and research Mo. Where do you find all these gems?
Of alla big company reels out there, modern Zebco's do "seem" to be more "plasticky" than others. Look what they did to the 33...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

mo65

Quote from: Gfish on May 09, 2021, 06:58:17 PM
If you looked on da Bay or another old tackle selling site, is there a way to tell the earlier XB's from the one's with the zinc main gears?
I re-read this'n and liked everything about this reel, especially that main shaft with the big fat spool bushing, but yeah, to be an A, rear shaft support would be needed, IMO.

As I remember G...you can't tell a '72 model from a '77...so it's a roll of the dice on getting the brass main. They may have made more from brass than zinc, as all three models I bought had the color. Ebay used to be a great place to find old fishing reels...now it's a great place to overspend on "vintage collectables".
   Also, that shaft is supported directly behind the pinion, so no worries there. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~