2.5 day on the New Lo-Ann

Started by alantani, November 16, 2019, 01:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

I actually got to concentrate on fishing this time!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

pjstevko

Looks like some great sized fish!

What'd you think of the NLA? Was the food good, what about the bunks, was there lots of room at the rails and stern ??? ???

Give me the run down as I'm very interested in fishing that boat   ;D

swill88

My first offshore trip was in the early 80's out of San Diego on the New Lo Ann.
Buzz Brisentine was the skipper as I recall.
We killed the albacore.
I wish I could remember more but back then there were lots of distractions on board.

Looks like a good trip Alan.

Steve

alantani

For a guy like me who's favorite restaurant is Burger King and sleeps just fine in his clothes,  the food was fine, the bunks were comfortable enough.  The deckhands were good enough and the boat fished just fine. One thing that I was impressed with?  Really good skipper.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Fishy247

I've fished the NLA since the late 80's, back when Nick Cates(I think that was his name) owned it. No RSW tank and we fished 49 guys....All that being said, we caught A LOT of fish on her. It's always been a very fishy boat, and in the past several years, she's been one of the top Bluefin boats in SD. They definitely have it down. It's not like fishing the Shogun, amenities-wise, but a darn good boat nonetheless!

How did the boat do overall?

Alans Buddy

35 bluefin, 93 yellowfin for 22 anglers.
A 190 and 330 bluefin on the kite, day 2.
First day was a 10+ hour drift with constant hookups.
Day 2 was searching and I think less than 10 fish boated that day.

Alans Buddy

jon_elc

Nice catch, Ben!!  Hard to read the scale in the pic... oh 190# - i saw it in Alan's other post.   :o

Keta

It was a fun trip with a bunch of friends that I mostly have never fished with.  Pete, the big fish killer is over 6' tall.

Ben, "Alan's Buddy" is a great guy and I realy had fun fishing and riding up and down with him and Alan.

In my opinion the NLA fishes 22 perfectly, more might be crowded.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rivverrat

I may have rods coming up that will be used on this boat. For some of you that have been out on this boat, is the rail lower than some of the other boats leaving the same area ?  How far can it travel ? ... Jeff

Rocket Dog

That's a.fishy boat.. I can't wait to.get back on the water, that for sharing Alan.

sabaman1

New Lo-An rails are pretty much the same height as most sportfishers in its class. But I do know that the boat sits low in the water and is wide across the stern which makes it a fishy boat on the drift and troll. IMO! Also I believe she can handle up to 2 1/2 to 3 days.
JIM

Rivverrat

Quote from: sabaman1 on April 12, 2020, 03:23:35 AM
New Lo-An rails are pretty much the same height as most sportfishers in its class. But I do know that the boat sits low in the water and is wide across the stern which makes it a fishy boat on the drift and troll. IMO! Also I believe she can handle up to 2 1/2 to 3 days.

Thanks for the answer. Never been on any of them at this point. I always like seeing pics of the front & rear deck from the boats out of San Diego... Jeff