Daiwa LC 300 PWR-P clicker issue

Started by Robaki, December 01, 2019, 07:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robaki

Just purchased 2 LC 300 PWR-P. Issue is with the clicker.  Clicker doesn't sound when drag being pulled out. It clicks in freespool lineout and cranking in. One works fine one has issued stated. Otherwise works fine. Happy with my other LC 100 reels. Tried Okuma cold water line counters and they had the same issue but very intermittently.
Returned the Okumas and went with Daiwa as I've always liked form and function on them but did I get a defective unit or is there an easy fix?

Porthos

Since brand new, return the defective one for a replacement.

Lunker Larry

Not to be rude but it sounds like operator error as you got those after you traded in the Okumas with the same issues.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Robaki

yep !  operator error.🤦🏻‍♂️
Forgot to tape before filling with braid since the Okumas had a tie stud inside the spool so I didn't even think about tape or backing the Daiwa . Doesn't explain the Okumas since they have the tie stud? Unless the braid was still slipping and tightening up on the spool. I did let all the line out while trolling and reeled it all back up so there was plenty of tension on the line to prevent slipping.