Unique chum rig that's part of the terminal tackle

Started by festus, March 13, 2020, 03:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

This young man demonstrates how to include a chum rig with your terminal tackle.  It should also work in fresh water fishing for catfish and carp.

Also check out his collection of vintage DAM Quick, Mitchells, and Penn spinners on the shelf in the background.

festus

Hardy Boy

We used to make that exact thing with film canisters or small plastic viles we had at work. We would fill them with foam and then add sent oil. Not sure if it resulted in more halibut butt we caught fish.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

festus

Quote from: Hardy Boy on March 13, 2020, 03:44:28 PM
We used to make that exact thing with film canisters or small plastic viles we had at work. We would fill them with foam and then add sent oil. Not sure if it resulted in more halibut butt we caught fish.

Cheers:

Todd
I'm not sure of the legality of this rig in some instances.  But I'd never heard of it. I'd only use one hook in most of my spots which are full or rocks and rip rap to avoid snags.

Hardy Boy

I think that one of the tackle gear companies was selling the exact same thing a few years ago .................. "scent chamber" I believe it was called.

Todd
Todd

xjchad

This type of apparatus is common in carp fishing, but I love the DIY approach!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

festus

Quote from: xjchad on March 13, 2020, 04:54:21 PM
This type of apparatus is common in carp fishing, but I love the DIY approach!
Yes, I've seen the bolt rig for carp but never thought of the medicine bottle trick.

philaroman

big 'ole vintage hair curlers made good cheap cage feeders

modern Euro carp feeders get pretty intense

I think they just banned one that tickles their cloaca while they snack  ;D