alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Best Way to Rig a Crab, as Bait
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 10, 2019, 09:37:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Way to Rig a Crab, as Bait  (Read 584 times)
oc1
Sensei

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2019, 11:46:16 AM »

they tell me the whitting are biting really good, and are "nice sized", BUT, they are 'wormy" Cry. . 7 years ago, when we first went there, it was only the "bigger" black drum that had "worms", now  , it seems almost everything that you catch from the beach has them ! I suppose that might be a result of the decline in water quality  Huh?
I bet you can find a worm in every marine fish if you know what to look for.  It is better not to know what to look for and to just keep eating them like you've always done.  Do not, under any circumstances, read Robin Overstreet's book which is now available at a very reasonable price from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Maladies-Symbionts-Northern-Mexico/dp/B00AHGF0F2
-steve
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 12:29:16 PM by oc1 » Logged
philaroman

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 10:23:31 PM »

I found that "pva" stuff on Amazon.....ordered some in "bag" form...a couple different sizes. It sure looks to be a pretty good option.....I was thinking that the 'organza' (or whatever that prom dress stuff is called) might not be something I wanted to see floating around in the gulf !  Too much crap out there, already !

been thinkin' (it only hurt a little)

the carp guys are generally working in drier conditions (spray, mist, fog and such) and their bait/chum is not surface-damp
maybe, only the slow-melt PVA is practical for S/W logistics -- it IS water-soluble, after all
(maybe, change your order if you still can)

please let us know how the stuff works out (I only know about it -- never tried it)
specifically, is it strong enough to put in EVERYTHING: lead, baited hook(s), loose bits as chum, etc.
so you're casting "one object"
Fishy247

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2019, 12:57:56 PM »

That sounds like a really cool product. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works out! Is it expensive?

MIke
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: