alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Custom Dominick-made Salmon Rod for Jennifer's Husband Nov. 24, 2019
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
July 08, 2020, 09:00:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Dominick-made Salmon Rod for Jennifer's Husband Nov. 24, 2019  (Read 660 times)
The Fishing Hobby
Sensei

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2019, 02:56:45 PM »

Thanks for the plug on my wrapping jig Grin
It looks really nice with the longer alignment rod. I'd like to ship them with a longer one but it would really increase my shipping costs and they are not cheap for people to buy to start with. I figured the next best thing would be to make the alignment rod out of something cheap and just about anyone can find locally that way they can get a longer one if they need it.
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2019, 03:04:04 PM »

Yes, I bought a 10 foot piece and cut it with a pipe cutter into a 4 foot and 6 foot length.  I had to drill one of the stands that comes without the alignment hole so that it was more stable.  I am quite happy with the wrapper (here you go, another plug).  Smiley Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
El Pescador
Firearms Group

San Mateo, California

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2019, 03:31:39 PM »

I'm going to ask my photographer Wayno to come over and do his camera magic.  Despite all the kidding he is a pretty good cameraman.  Dominick

PRETTY GOOD?Huh?

How about REELY GOOD!!!!

I'll be over.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!
gstours
Firearms Group

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2019, 08:28:08 AM »

Wow Wayne, very nice rod.  I didn,t know the old man had it in him?  The coin and colors add a custom flair for sure.  You are very forntunate to have such a good wife and friends.  Wink   Great job Dominick.
steelfish
the Baja Guy
Sensei

Sea of Cortez

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2019, 09:53:49 AM »

Thanks everyone for the compliments.  Don't look closely or you will see my mistakes.
I still feel the same way, but a rod builder with more than 30 years of experience told me that 90% of the people wont notice those mistakes if you dont point them out, but because you know where are the mistakes, you see them everytime, so, relax and enjoy your creation, I really liked it, specially the marbleling, looks like you got it, its something I still need to try.

It's turned into an expensive hobby.  I have $183.00 into another rod that I built..
wait till you want to buy blanks that cost more than that amount alone plus a guide set of Titanium and sic ring, etc, etc, a fishing rod with all the bells and whistles can be as expensive as you wallet allow.

congrats Wayne, you have a really special rod in your hands, planned and ordered by your wife and handcrafted by your good friend.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:57:40 AM by steelfish » Logged
Fishy247

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2019, 10:44:27 AM »

Nicely done Dom!! I like the marbling you've got going on there. Wayne- I'm looking forward to seeing you get some jumbos on that thing! Any thoughts as to what reel you're gong to put on it? (I mean other than purple...)
David Hall
Firearms Group

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2019, 01:51:47 PM »

outstanding work Dominick.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: