help to ID this 4:1 gears, I think I found a hidden treasure

Started by steelfish, November 20, 2019, 02:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

some months ago I bought 3 old 113h reels to a local captain, he didnt liked them anymore cuz he felt in love with the new 2 speed reels, so he sold them to me for cheap (cash + some rod repairs), I really never payed attention to them cuz I also didnt use them too often, it was until I was looking for some spare parts for a stock 113h from a friend, the reel I bought are, one have a Narrow tib frame, another one has a black stock width accurate frame and the last one a stock half graphite frame.

my findings when I opened up the 3 reels:
- halft graphite frame: 3:1 stock steel gears (these were sent to Riverrat few months ago), the rest are stock parts, still pretty good for the price.
- narrow tib frame: nice YTS reel, narrow frame and spool + 4:1 newell gears, noisy as hell but thats the nature of the beast, exited when I saw the gears.
- accurate frame: stock width accuframe, 4:1 accurate gears, first I though it was a stock steel gears but then I noticed the "helical cut" on the teeth, ooh boy ! super exited !! red accuplates too, the handle side plate is pretty bad corroded so, the owner installed a black sideplate, rest of the parts are stock.
I think there were not many other mods to the 113h back then or the owner of those reels would have all the SS goodies installed on them.

I already sold the half graphite 113h and the YTS with newell gears, Im keeping the accurate frame and accuplates (now I need one in red and one in black to have to matching plates LOL), but the accurate gears are going to my 113hnn t4n1 reel. https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=24249.0

pretty sure they are accurate gears, because If I knot mistaken there were not other options for 4:1 gears other than newell and accurate gears, but wanted to checkit out with you guys to be sure.

The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

gstours

Give away to what?  Newell oar Accurate oar ???? ???   Either way good steel gears!

wailua boy