Main Menu

Free Ride !

Started by Crow, November 20, 2019, 03:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

RowdyW

beep beep!  ;D ;D     Dog, cat, & chicken killers. I'd dislodge him from the bumper with a 9mm.

Crow

That's what I was thinking, too, Rudy ! Our county spends quite a bit of money, every year, on trying to eliminate the darn things , and here we are , spending more to "heal one up" ???
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oc1

House cats and stray dogs do more damage than coyotes simply because of their shear numbers.
-steve

conchydong

Quote from: oc1 on November 20, 2019, 08:03:40 PM
House cats and stray dogs do more damage than coyotes simply because of their shear numbers.
-steve

Feral cats are definitely a problem, dogs not so much where I live but Coyotes have established themselves all over Florida now. With all of the other issues we have with Pythons, Monitor lizards and countless others species, it puts a hurting on the native species competing for food.

MarkT

Where did that happen?  Here in Southern California dogs and cats consider 'yotes to be their primary predators!  I can't see the police or animal control releasing one.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Crow

Northwestern Illinois (Whiteside County).....as I said, the county spends quite a bit of $ on "elimination" programs.....and then turns around and "sanctions" releasing one...AFTER they get him all "healed up" ::). Almost all the livestock farmers have had "issues" with the coyotes (and , more so, with the "coy dogs". I'll admit, they DO cut down on the feral cats....but also the rabbits, pheasant, and deer populations ! And, we had an issue, this last spring, where a coyote (probably a SICK coyote!), was "harassing " a young child.....if there hadn't been an adult to "scare him away", I don't doubt the little girl would have been bitten.