Bluewater fishing

Started by Donnyboat, October 27, 2019, 05:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hi every one hope your all keeping well, a chap gave me 3 reels to service, two conventional reels & one spinner, one of the conventionals has a broken part in it, the only ID I can find on it, is written across the tail plate, Bluewater Fishing, S-HB, I need schematics for it also were I can get parts for it, the spinner had Bluewater Fishing on it, then Penn Defiance 850, Penn tell me they never made a 850 reel, I cant find a makers name on any of them, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Sharkb8

Hi Don try typing in Bluewater fishing reel and look for Malta tackle is this wot you got ?

Kim

Donnyboat

thanks Kim, for the leed, I will check it out, nothing on the reel about malta tackle, thanks again, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Cor

Cornelis

Donnyboat

Thanks Cornelius and Kim, I have sent them a message, are they the same company that distribute Shimano reels, Cor I also met a man from South Africe, he is into liquid flooring, here in Western Australia, Stephan James, he does a lot of fishing, I will keep you up to speed of him, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Cor

Quote from: Donnyboat on October 28, 2019, 12:55:35 AM
Thanks Cornelius and Kim, I have sent them a message, are they the same company that distribute Shimano reels, Cor I also met a man from South Africe, he is into liquid flooring, here in Western Australia, Stephan James, he does a lot of fishing, I will keep you up to speed of him, cheers Don.
Thanks.   Name not known to me but many from S.A. living in OZ now.
Cornelis

Donnyboat

Received a prompt reply from Malta fishing, cant find anything on this reel, shucks, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Ruffy

Hi Don,
Can you throw up a few pics? Surely the ohana can sort this mystery!

Cheers,
Andrew

Crow

I'll gladly post some pix, for you, Don, if you email them to me.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Yes thanks Arlyn, I will do that, I will also try to photocrath the broken part, it also needs bearings, I can pick them up locally, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Crow

Pix from Don :
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Thanks very much Arlyn, very kind of you, start with the bottom photo, that is all there is on the face plate & tail plates, also the two washer in the forground, one is in three pieces, & the other, has them bits pointing up, one of them is warn of, its them two washers that I need, they are only alloy washers, the rest of the reel is really good, including the main gear & pinion.

I mainly place the main gear & drag washer in the pics, to give some idea of the large drag area it has, it also has Carbon fibre washers.

the other photo with the handle in it, the piece of wood is split, if I get the reel running again then, I intend to drill a hole into the rubber bike handle, fill it with techni glue, then I will have a power handle, other wise I maybe able to place it on another reel, thanks again Arlyn, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat