113H gear sleeve/dog ear issue

Started by bvmoney, November 23, 2019, 12:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bvmoney

Im having problems reassembling my 113 correctly. I cant get the anti reverse dog ear in correctly. It seems to me that my gear sleeve teeth are backwards. The dog ear doesnt engage the sleeve teeth for anti reverse. So ive looked at every picture and watched every video i can find, i just cant fig this out. I bought it new on facebook a couple years ago and now ready to use it. So i tore it down and serviced it, here we are.

Any advice?

xjchad

You're almost there!

It looks like you have a Lefty reel.  The tutorials are for righty's, that's why they say to put the dog and spring where you have it.

Just need to flip the dog and spring to the other side.  It goes on the bridge screw opposite the one you have it on.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

bvmoney

Thats what i thought also. But everything on the reel says 113H. No L to be found on any part. And i also just spooled my line so thats not gonna be fun.

thorhammer

did you want a lefty? I might have a right hand sleeve laying around- just punch out the pin and swap .

bvmoney

Quote from: thorhammer on November 23, 2019, 12:38:48 AM
did you want a lefty? I might have a right hand sleeve laying around- just punch out the pin and swap .

I sure dont want a left. I was just looking at buying a new sleeve.

Where are you located?

mo65

What about the gears? Don't they need to change also?
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

bvmoney

Quote from: mo65 on November 23, 2019, 12:48:59 AM
   What about the gears? Don't they need to change also?

Doesnt look like it, i can still reel with the dog ear out in the correct direction, theres just no antireverse.

Crow

Yeah, the "angle" of the teeth on a left handi s opposite that of a right....that's so the "pressure" put on the spool (a big fish !) will pull the pinion gear ON to the spool shaft...if the gears are "backwards" , the pressure forces the pinion AWAY from the shaft.....think : "slipping into neutral"
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

RowdyW

To covert the reel to a right-handed reel you will have to replace the pinion gear, main gear, gear sleeve, star wheel, & handle side plate to right-handed ones (if you have the older style plate). The right & left handed reels are not marked as right or left, only the part #'s on some of the pieces are. Best to look for a parts reel somewhere.            Rudy

bvmoney

But every part i see inside that is marked says 113H. Even the side plate and the front decal

RowdyW

See reply above, I said SOME. Go to Mystic reel parts & look up 113H left hand conversion on the parts list. Some parts are the same for right and left handed reels like the dog. To use it in the opposite type reel all you do is flip it over. A few of the parts are not interchangeable like the ones I mentioned. You will need the parts i mentioned except the handle side plate because it looks like you have the later plate which is interchangeable.