Custom Dominick-made Salmon Rod for Jennifer's Husband Nov. 24, 2019

Started by El Pescador, November 24, 2019, 02:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Recently, Jennifer and I headed over to Dominick's home for another tasty Italian meal, and when we arrived Dominick was in the garage wrapping his 2nd or 3rd fishing rod.  Jennifer asked what type of rod he is wrapping, and "Salmon Rod" is what he said.

Jennifer asked if I have a salmon rod, I told her NO I make do with an Uglystik rod I have for Rockfishing. Jennifer looks at Dominick as said, Please make my husband a salmon rod, and it has to have PURPLE on it.  Why?  cause that's Jennifer's FAVORITE color!!!

I walked in their home to speak with Linda while Jen & Dominick worked out the details of the rod building deal.  Well, the rod is complete, let's see the final product!

And a TOUCH of PURPLE!!!!

A nice soft BUTT end for my soft underbelly!!!

And a special insert - a Press-a-Penny - from Jennifer's collection.  As a young girl, her favorite Aunt, Auntie Mabel, gave Jennifer her FIRST Press-a-Penny, and over the years, Jennifer has collected over 700 Press-a-Pennies!!!!!  When we travel for business or pleasure, our deal is I'll spend a day fishing and Jennifer spends a day hunting the local area for Press-a-Penny machines.  And where do you find these special machines, well here of course!!!!    http://209.221.138.252/AreaList.aspx

Now let's take it out in the daylight.  Man, doesn't that purple just POP :o  I know so!!!!

And the Press-a-Penny I selected as the US Navy Pearl Harbor Memorial in Honolulu, Hawaii.

During a visit to Hawaii, we stopped at the USS Arizona Memorial and with our two sons shared a tearful moment with the loss of over 1,100 US Sailors & Marines during that fateful December 7, 1941 morning attack.  My Dad was 14 years old and remembered listening to the radio in his parent's family room in rural North Dakota.

THANK YOU Dominick for your hand-crafted beauty, I do look forward to catching many salmon over the years to come with this Jennifer-design Dominick Hand-crafted fishing rod.

You are a great friend and fishing buddy now for 13+ years.  THANK YOU for your rod-building craftsmanship.

Wayne

OH!  Forgot to post the Rod Line Weight:

Seeker E-glass model 330  15-40 lbs. line weight 

DONE

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Wow Minicucch, I didn't know you had it in you.

Very nice job buddy!👍

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

foakes

That is one very special rod!

Dominick -- you never cease to amaze me!

Thanks for showing us this, Wayne...

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

The Fishing Hobby

Tiddlerbasher

oc1

Very nice Dominick.  It didn't take you long to figure out rod building.  You're a lucky guy Wayne.
-steve

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Dominick

Thanks everyone for the compliments.  Don't look closely or you will see my mistakes.  It's turned into an expensive hobby.  I have $183.00 into another rod that I built and if anyone wants it for the cost of the materials it's theirs.  Pics below.  BTW The Fishing Hobby Wrapper is the best hand wrapping apparatus.  It is easy to use.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

BTW this was my first diamond wrap and I am happy with the end result.  It's a Calstar Blank Model 500.  If I remember right it is 20-40 lb.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Thanks.  It's actually looks better than the photos show.  I'm going to ask my photographer Wayno to come over and do his camera magic.  Despite all the kidding he is a pretty good cameraman.  Dominick