Go Rams Go !! football themed Okiaya 200lb rod & 4 more rods

Started by steelfish, November 29, 2019, 09:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

same story than before, a fishing friend wanted to have a factory rod rewrapped with custom colors of his favorite football team, note that the name of the team is writed down as "Ramz" and its not a typo, its actually the short name for the last name of my friend "Ramirez = Ramz", he wanted it that way and I think it looks pretty cool used as the team name, he gave me 5 factory rods of different brands and line ratings to rewrapping them all with the same theme, the idea is to find the rods easier on the big boats of san diego, Ca. for half and 1.5 days trips, etc.

The Baja Guy

steelfish

few more ..
The Baja Guy

Fishy247

That looks sweet! Very nicely done Alex. Your stuff just keeps getting better!

Mike

Hardy Boy

Looking good ! Don't like the Rams but still looking good !!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

festus

Wow, I like it.  Around these parts of East Tennessee you could probably sell plenty of those in orange and white.

Gfish

Excellent Alex. You're gonna make a name for yourself with this skill. I like all football teams but I've got the "least like" for the Patriots. My team; the Niners might look pretty cool; Red & Gold. Don't know bout the Raiders; silver and black.
12/21 49'ers vs the Rams...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Donnyboat

Great job Alex, you really do great work, anyone would be proud to have some of your rods, thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Dominick

Way to go Alex.  Nice work with the trim bands.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

thanks guys, I really like to work in this kind of theme rods, specially when the owner say, just do whatever you want to do on the rod, I just need to resemble to something related to "this" or "that", etc.

Quote from: Dominick on November 29, 2019, 11:06:05 PM
Way to go Alex.  Nice work with the trim bands.  Dominick
I hate to work with thin trim bands, I try to make my trim bands kind of thick, so you can still see and enjoy the design 3-5 ft away from you, the are some rod wraps with tiny and thin trim bands with one thread or 2 loops of thread that I still avoiding to use, sometimes a rod with lots of trim bands all over the wrap looks too busy (IMO) but thats just me, 90% of the guys love a wrapping job with tons of patterns and trims, etc., dont get me wrong I might do that way later.
The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Brewcrafter

That is so nice they will definitely stand out and not be hard to find on any boat!

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

steelfish

Quote from: Donnyboat on November 29, 2019, 10:39:24 PM
......... anyone would be proud to have some of your rods, .... cheers Don.

then I need to build me more rods for personal use, I only have 1 on a seeker blank built from the scratch and 1 cheapo factory musky rod rebuilt, but this one was more "test" since I rerely use that rod.

I might wait a little bit more to build me a 2nd rod, the more rods I make the more I like them LOL, so 3 more rods and I will build me a rod for bait fishing on a Calstar Blank GF700h
The Baja Guy