alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Whats for dinner Ma?
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 10, 2019, 09:29:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats for dinner Ma?  (Read 231 times)
gstours
Firearms Group

« on: December 01, 2019, 06:36:16 AM »

Heres a short clip of a little adventure we went on the other day.  The weather warmed up to rain,  and there was no wind,   thats ok with me.  It was worth it in everyway except when I almost talked myself out of going.   Wish you were there. Wink
Gobi King
Firearms Group

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 07:07:29 AM »

Nice chinook, was that caught on that shiny spoon?
Looks like it was a great day to be out, calm and sunny!

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 09:39:29 AM »

When was the other day?  Are you still targeting kings?  Fishing seems slow if you only caught one.  Still a slow year for kings?  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
gstours
Firearms Group

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 06:54:56 PM »

Yes the fish was caught on the king kandy whole herring plug,  we are fishing the shorelines around the nearby islands.  The protection of the islands usually make a break on one side or the other to get out of the weather,  sometimes.
    The King salmon seasons have bee shortened as soon as the weather moderates in the spring to allow the wild fish to escape supposidly and so if you wait for a nice spring or early summer day to go its closed in my nearby area.    So its a winter fishery.   I,ll take what I get and consider myself foolish and stubborn and sometimes lucky! Cry
    There is no better fish to bbq in the new year than one of these........

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: