alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Daiwa LC 300 PWR-P clicker issue
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 14, 2019, 06:18:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daiwa LC 300 PWR-P clicker issue  (Read 215 times)
Robaki

« on: December 01, 2019, 11:06:52 AM »

Just purchased 2 LC 300 PWR-P. Issue is with the clicker.  Clicker doesnít sound when drag being pulled out. It clicks in freespool lineout and cranking in. One works fine one has issued stated. Otherwise works fine. Happy with my other LC 100 reels. Tried Okuma cold water line counters and they had the same issue but very intermittently.
Returned the Okumas and went with Daiwa as Iíve always liked form and function on them but did I get a defective unit or is there an easy fix?
Porthos

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 12:52:02 PM »

Since brand new, return the defective one for a replacement.
Lunker Larry

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 01:10:36 PM »

Not to be rude but it sounds like operator error as you got those after you traded in the Okumas with the same issues.

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?
Robaki

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 04:23:32 PM »

yep !  operator error.🤦🏻‍♂️
 Forgot to tape before filling with braid since the Okumas had a tie stud inside the spool so I didnít even think about tape or backing the Daiwa . Doesnít explain the Okumas since they have the tie stud? Unless the braid was still slipping and tightening up on the spool. I did let all the line out while trolling and reeled it all back up so there was plenty of tension on the line to prevent slipping.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: