Updated Inventory of Tibuorn and Accurate Frames and Spools for Penn 113H

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, December 02, 2019, 07:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigtosser and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Here is what I currently have in stock for Tom's new run of Cortez Conversions side plates for the Penn 113H 4/0 Senator.  These frames and kits also all work with stock Penn made on the USA side plates, but Tiburon says that they will not work with the Chinese side plates  Please note that Tiburon's colors may not match the Cortez colors:

1.  Used old style black full-frame (with top cross-member) P40N Tiburon Yellowtail Special kit. Has some scarring on the feet of the stand and one small cosmetic blemish on the side wall of the spool, but otherwise a 9. $90

2.  Used old style red full-frame Tiburon P40N Yellowtail Special kit.  Same condition as above. $95

3.  New new style purple T4 standard width frame $75.  Add $25 for near mint or new aluminum Penn spool.

4.  New new style electric blue T4 standard width frame $75.  Add $25 for near mint or new aluminum Penn spool.

5.  Unused red Tiburon Hawaiian wide kit. Has tiny ding in edge of frame. Red frame/red spool. $205

Mauriceescobedo

What all comes included with the full YT special kit?? I'm looking to upgrade my 4/0
Thanks for your help.

Mauriceescobedo

Maybe I should just be more specific. Sorry.
I'm looking for a narrow kit. Frame, spool etc.
I'm planning on doing the 4-1 gear and a 7 drag stack as well.

Thanks for your help

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Maurice, the kits include the frame, spool and rod clamp kit.  The Yellowtail Special frame width is 2 1/8" vs. 2 7/16" for the standard 4/0.

Mauriceescobedo

So I'm really super new to upgrading these reels.
Will this work with the stock side plates I have? Or, as in the title, only the Cortez plates work??
Thanks for your time.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Mauriceescobedo on March 05, 2020, 07:16:43 PM
So I'm really super new to upgrading these reels.
Will this work with the stock side plates I have? Or, as in the title, only the Cortez plates work??
Thanks for your time.

Maurice, all of these frames and kits will work with stock made in the USA side plates.  Tiburon says that they do not work with the Chinese side plates.

Mauriceescobedo

Such a conundrum. So..... this reel I've got, that I've had for about 20 years now, 15 min
Has a penn2 bar, an hL bar and h side plates. It says high speed, but isn't 4-1. Closer to the 3.7-1
Side plates say made in the USA so I'll take a kit.
Please let me know how to pay fo it and I'll do it ASAP
Again, thank you for your time.

RowdyW

It's a high speed compared to the black plated 113 4/0 which is 2:1 ratio. The 4.0 gears are custom made aftermarket  gears for even higher speed. Stock ratio for a 113H is 3.25:1. There is no 3.7 .        Rudy

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Mauriceescobedo on March 06, 2020, 03:20:55 AM
Such a conundrum. So..... this reel I've got, that I've had for about 20 years now, 15 min
Has a penn2 bar, an hL bar and h side plates. It says high speed, but isn't 4-1. Closer to the 3.7-1
Side plates say made in the USA so I'll take a kit.
Please let me know how to pay fo it and I'll do it ASAP
Again, thank you for your time.

Here's a xn tib with stock plates for your reference, good luck Maurice you can't go wrong with buying from Randy!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Mauriceescobedo

Oh wow. Now I want to go xn.
I need to get this reel apart and do some measurements etc.
Thanks for the reference.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Darin!  Your check will be in the mail.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Mauriceescobedo on March 06, 2020, 02:27:54 PM
Oh wow. Now I want to go xn.
I need to get this reel apart and do some measurements etc.
Thanks for the reference.

Maurice, I'm sorry to say that I do not have any more T4XN kits.  I will probably run them again but I have no idea when.

Please let me know if you want one of the Yellowtail Special kits, and if so, which one.

Thank you,

Randy

thorhammer

Darin, that reel is a POC. You need to send it me for a look-over and trial. I will have back to you within 365 days, with upgrades such as stock plates, chromed frame with patina, and stock spool with more line capacity. I will also install OEM leather drags- they are highly collectable. No charge for patina on parts; 'cause you're my boy. I will spool it with vintage pink Ande 50 I'm backreeling off a LB68, so the dusty faded part of the line will be on the bottom and you are unlikely to ever see it with the std width spool.  It will be killer.

John

Darin Crofton

Quote from: thorhammer on March 06, 2020, 02:57:58 PM
Darin, that reel is a POC. You need to send it me for a look-over and trial. I will have back to you within 365 days, with upgrades such as stock plates, chromed frame with patina, and stock spool with more line capacity. I will also install OEM leather drags- they are highly collectable. No charge for patina on parts; 'cause you're my boy. I will spool it with vintage pink Ande 50 I'm backreeling off a LB68, so the dusty faded part of the line will be on the bottom and you are unlikely to ever see it with the std width spool.  It will be killer.

John
;D ;D ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Mauriceescobedo

Quote from: RowdyW on March 06, 2020, 03:32:27 AM
It's a high speed compared to the black plated 113 4/0 which is 2:1 ratio. The 4.0 gears are custom made aftermarket  gears for even higher speed. Stock ratio for a 113H is 3.25:1. There is no 3.7 .        Rudy

Thank you Rudy.