Sleeper Mag 10

Started by xjchad, December 05, 2019, 06:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhc

A good practical upgrade for the 10 Chad, making it a bit more sturdy with the stand, SS sleeve, second dog and a smoother drag stack - all without changing its appearance, except for the stand of course but you would need to know what you were looking for to notice that. Wait a minute - that's what you said, a sleeper  ::) ;D

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

mo65

Quote from: xjchad on December 05, 2019, 11:20:47 PM
Mo, thank you!  I knew the 60 clamping stand is a good fit.  I bought one awhile back to scavenge the stand from, but then found out that they are kinda rare and decided to keep it with the 60.  Besides, I also fell in love with this 60 and am planning to do a few mods and fish it  ;D

Yes...it's true the LB60 clamping stand doesn't come along every day. I've been collecting for years and have only acquired two. I agree with Ted, that's a sweet LB60. With the plastic spool it's a great lightweight reel for headboats, piers, catfishing, lots of uses. Now that I think about it, we determined earlier in another thread that stand would fit the Mag 10 but was too hard to come by. I forget a lot these days...my doc says drink more beer...HA!! ;D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

xjchad

Quote from: mo65 on December 06, 2019, 02:52:41 PM
Yes...it's true the LB60 clamping stand doesn't come along every day. I've been collecting for years and have only acquired two. I agree with Ted, that's a sweet LB60. With the plastic spool it's a great lightweight reel for headboats, piers, catfishing, lots of uses. Now that I think about it, we determined earlier in another thread that stand would fit the Mag 10 but was too hard to come by. I forget a lot these days...my doc says drink more beer...HA!! ;D

Mo, It actually has an aluminum spool, and that's my plan for it.  Rock fish and Pier fishing.

I need to see your doctor! haha!
Husband, Father, Fisherman