New guy from NC

Started by mwardncsu, January 10, 2020, 01:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Welcome from salem Virginia,,,, :D and I fish Smith mountain lake sometimes,,,,,, ;D

mwardncsu

Quote from: thorhammer on January 10, 2020, 11:35:12 PM
Quote from: mwardncsu on January 10, 2020, 06:58:18 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on January 10, 2020, 04:39:13 PM
I'm in Fuquay, neighbor. Where do you fish?

Small world - lived in Fuquay on the west side of town for about 5 years 20+ year ago - very different place now.....

I fish mostly Smith Mountain Lake in VA for striped bass.... though try and get to the Chesapeake Bay for salty striper in the winter and cobia in the summer - and planning a Pamlico trip near Labor Day for old drum / bull reds....

west side of town is now Holly Springs...I have a place at Kerr; from Hennason to begin with.

I know a number of the Kerr Striper guys - several were up at SML in December for the Striper Mafia tourney series I run.  We put on a benefit tourney on Ssml for the daughter of one of the Kerr guys as she was battling cancer and then I helped the guys with one down there. Good crew of anglers
Run Shimano Tekota 500/500LCs and Avet MXL 5.8's for all my live-bait reels, and Shimano Stradic CI4+ spinning reels . Shimano Curado bait casters for casting.

Darin Crofton

Welcome aboard, from Tampa!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Benni3

Quote from: mwardncsu on January 11, 2020, 01:12:18 AM

Small world - lived in Fuquay on the west side of town for about 5 years 20+ year ago - very different place now.....

I fish mostly Smith Mountain Lake in VA for striped bass.... though try and get to the Chesapeake Bay for salty striper in the winter and cobia in the summer - and planning a Pamlico trip near Labor Day for old drum / bull reds....

west side of town is now Holly Springs...I have a place at Kerr; from Hennason to begin with.

I know a number of the Kerr Striper guys - several were up at SML in December for the Striper Mafia tourney series I run.  We put on a benefit tourney on Ssml for the daughter of one of the Kerr guys as she was battling cancer and then I helped the guys with one down there. Good crew of anglers
if you need any help let me know the guides there follow my dad when he is there,,,,,, ;D

thorhammer

Quote from: mwardncsu on January 11, 2020, 01:12:18 AM

Lemme know if you do a benefit or otherwise; have boats will travel- always wanted to roll up to Smith Mt and mebbe meet Benni- he is a legend.

Alto Mare

Quote from: mwardncsu on January 10, 2020, 11:35:58 PM
Quote from: Hardy Boy on January 10, 2020, 10:54:20 PM
Nice work and welcome !! You just need to dirty up your work space so your pictures don't put most of us to shame ! (except Fred)!

It's the kitchen table - I'm on borrowed time and good-will as it is  ;D
Looks like you like to be adventurous🙂.

Welcome aboard from Philadelphia, you'll fit right in.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Sharkb8

Welcome from South Australia Kim

happyhooker

Greetings from Minnesota.

Frank

sharkman

Welcome mwardncsu. My son currently lives in Mebane. I am originally from Forest City NC.

Tiddlerbasher

Hi and welcome from the UK - Chris :)