Stream Queen?

Started by PacRat, July 06, 2022, 03:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PacRat

Does anyone know anything about this reel? It's stamped JAPAN on the foot. This came with an eBay reel...I wasn't looking for it. It's a worm drive but the drag is not up to snuff, just one metal washer and a spring. Any information and/or offers to trade are appreciated.

Thanks
-Mike

Midway Tommy

Mike, it's from the early '60s. It's the same reel as the Airex 365, Three Eyes AROO61 and a couple of others that I can't remember right now. Be careful, it may have loose balls, though.  ::)  It's a fairly decent Japanese made reel for the times.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

philaroman

Quote from: Midway Tommy on July 06, 2022, 04:00:32 AMMike, it's from the early '60s. It's the same reel as the Airex 365, Three Eyes AROO61 and a couple of others that I can't remember right now. Be careful, it may have loose balls, though.  ::)  It's a fairly decent Japanese made reel for the times.
also, Columbian 61...  might be 5 or 6 loose balls, rather than dozens
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=32845.15

Midway Tommy

It's also similar to the early Compac Atlas ULs.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

PacRat

Thanks guys. I'm almost certain it's nearly identical to a Columbian no. 62. There are some very minor differences. On mine 'JAPAN' seems struck into the foot with a die while the Columbian is debossed into the foot during the molding process. There is also a very tiny threaded hole on the bottom flange of the Stream Queen that is absent on the Columbian.

The good news is that this led me to photos so that I could see exactly how my broken drag clicker should look. I'll either repair mine or fabricate a new one. I'm not exactly in love with this reel but I'm anal about making it function correctly.

Columbian no. 62

Stream Queen