Buying of reels

Started by king-of-reels, December 08, 2019, 08:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king-of-reels

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask you all, where do you buying your fishing reels Shimano, Daiwa? At trusted shop in your town or more at online shops? In your home country or from outside?

TL

Oleg

ClintB

I buy some from eBay and some from yard and estate sales. Occasionally I'll find one in an antique shop, but they usually think they're made of gold.

RowdyW

Used I usually get them on ebay if I can get them on a good deal (cheap). New I get from ebay or Amazon usually. Used reels are usually always repairable if necessary for minimum $ when you can DIY. New, make sure you get the gaurantee from the manufacturer.          Rudy

David Hall

New I buy online, many many trusted retailers.
Used I buy on eBay, Craigslist,garage sales etcetera.

Benni3

Ebay,,,,but I'm 4hrs from the coast so if i can find something  at a yard sale or estate it's like new might never seen salt,,,,,, ;D

festus

Mine are mostly ebay reels, once in a blue moon something good will come up locally at a yard sale or bait and tackle shop.  A few of mine came from Facebook where I used to get better deals than ebay.  Not so anymore, buyers have gotten wise to Facebook and prices not so good these days.

happyhooker

Greetings, Oleg, from MInnesota USA, and welcome to the AT site.

I use classic reels almost exclusively, and have my best luck obtaining them at yard/garage/tag sales.  Once in awhile run across something at a thrift store.  If I'm looking for something specific where the "luck of the draw" at a garage sale won't likely be productive, then I might look to the big auction site.  And, last but not least by any means, fellow aficionados, online and otherwise, have been most generous and kind to me in this regard.

Have gotten some new gear (not reels so much) from some online merchants; I'm about an hour from the Pure Fishing (Shakespeare, Pflueger, Abu, etc.) clearance store and can make runs there if I wanted new reels (which I usually don't).

Frank

Swami805

New reels I try and buy from a shop so I can fiddle with a few to see if I like them. Few bucks more but worth it to me. Used all of the above
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Sharkb8

New I would buy from a fishing shop and used I would get of EBay or gumtree and some times at swap meets.

Kim

king-of-reels

Guys, why i started a survey about it? Simple to explain, i have opportunities to provide you new different reels by Shimano (spinning reels not JDM market. It's europe market, same like for US market) and Daiwa for good price. I can ship them worldwide. For example a Shimano Stella 18000 SW-B HG or 20000 SW-B PG for USD800 + shipping! Shipping would be from Germany.

If you have any interest.

TL

Oleg