The boys first halibut.

Started by gstours, December 14, 2019, 05:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here,s a short clip of a how to do it with the young mans first halibut and everyone helping.  Its a place to start and this kid has a lot of energy.   We were anchored and the fish were sleepy it seemed.   When he wasn,t eating ,  he was sleeping.  Luckly it was a slow day butt we tried to keep him busy.   Have a nice weekend ;)

Dominick

Nice job Gary, you sure could have used some help with that one.  Butt you handled it like a pro with one hand.  Wait a minute, you are a pro.
Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

Way to teach them right, nothing comes easy. Bet he'll enjoy eating that fish.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

gstours

It was fun having the boy on board as I forgot and tried to relive what I might have been at this age.
   My father never fished and so us kids went with friends or grandpa.  Gramps loved fishing 🎣
         Here's another one they got on their trip to Alaska.

gstours

Some kids like fishing and some don't.   Butt at least he got his feet wet.🚣‍♀️

El Pescador

Gary!!!!

Is there a special festival in Gustavus going on right now???

Why the BRIGHT ORANGE and YELLOW JACKETS & PANTS????

Dominick and I have fished with you now for TWO weeks, and we were not asked to wear the same festive outerwear!!!

What gives??? ;D :o

Is it the Annual Gustavus Autumn time Rain Gauge Celebrations????? :o

And TANKS for the times we have enjoyed fishing together!!!!  I have an Uncle and 3 cousins in Anchorage, AK who, between them, have NOT caught and released a 325 lbs. halibut!!!!   AND For that, I am eternally grateful and TANKful!!!!!

El Pescador!!!!

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

David Hall

another wonderful video of a fine day on the Mako.
thanks Gary for sharing.

Donnyboat

Thank Gary you sure keep us entertained, that was a nice fish for his first, he needs more peas n pumpkin to build them arms up ay, or maybe wheeties, thanks again, & a merry Xmas, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

gstours

Tanks for your kind words,  the color full rain gear is the first thing to look for if you're wanting to spot a tourist.  Rain gear is important though trust me.  Butt for you Wayne,   It's quite possible you been spoiled by my best weather mojo, and bringing Mary jo a big ripe watermelon 🍉 sure didn't hurt 😞 your chances.

gstours

This nice kid is only the better of the bunch.  I forgot that these young animals need to eat all the time.
  One good thing was on the boat there were no leftovers!  Having no (no) reception all day out was something kinda new for the lad.  But this lad will be something some day.   I am bowing out.