isutami bearings from Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China

Started by alantani, November 17, 2011, 03:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelby.hong

Quote from: Killerbug on November 27, 2011, 05:02:42 PM
@Shelby

I think Alan asked this question earlier in this tread, what grade of Chromium steel are you using in Izutamis miniature bearings, and do the bearing use a double cage or a single cage?.      

Hello,
The material we use is 52100(high carbon chromium bearing steel) ,we get the material from Baosteel international.
and it's single cage. :)            

shelby
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com
Bearing manufacturer since 1980

alantani

shelby, this is the style of cage that i am looking for.  i realize that is not possible in all sizes of bearings, but where possible, this is what i would want.  not being totally familiar with the language of the industry, i would call this a two piece cage.  is that correct? 

my ideal bearing would have an abec 5 speed rating, all stainless steel materials that specifies the grade of stainless,  and two piece cage.  providing that information on all of your bearings would be very helpful.  alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Quote from: shelby.hong on November 28, 2011, 06:46:27 AM
@Shelby

I think Alan asked this question earlier in this tread, what grade of Chromium steel are you using in Izutamis miniature bearings, and do the bearing use a double cage or a single cage?.     

Hello,
The material we use is ASTM(high carbon chromium bearing steel) ,we get the material from Baosteel international.

shelby

shelby, is that the same as stainless steel?

shelby.hong

Quote from: alantani on November 28, 2011, 07:43:24 PM
Quote from: shelby.hong on November 28, 2011, 06:46:27 AM
@Shelby

Hello,
The material we use is ASTM(high carbon chromium bearing steel) ,we get the material from Baosteel international.

shelby

shelby, is that the same as stainless steel?

Well,actually,they are differennt,

(52100) ASTM-American Society for Testing and Materials ,

52100 is the name code of bearing material in USA standard.It's named Gcr15 in china and 683/XVII in ISO standard.
Its name is high carbon chromium steel and the chemical element of ASTM is different from stainless steel

52100 consists of C,Cr,Si,Mn,P,S,Ni,Cu,Mo,Sn,As,Ti,Sb,Pb,O,Ai,Ca.
Stainless steel consists of C,Cr,Ni,Mn,P,S,Mo,Si,Cu,N

52100 is more common than stainless steel in bearings cuz ASTM's combination property is better than stainless steel.

shelby :)

www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com

alantani

shelby.hong

Quote from: alantani on November 28, 2011, 07:42:34 PM
shelby, this is the style of cage that i am looking for.  i realize that is not possible in all sizes of bearings, but where possible, this is what i would want.  not being totally familiar with the language of the industry, i would call this a two piece cage.  is that correct? 

my ideal bearing would have an abec 5 speed rating, all stainless steel materials that specifies the grade of stainless,  and two piece cage.  providing that information on all of your bearings would be very helpful.  alan

Generally,we classify the cage according to its material/shape/process method

According to material,they may be devided into yellow metal cage/stainless cage/nylon cage
According to shape,they may be devided into frame shape cage/ribbon cage(this is the one shown in your picture)/crown shape cage
According to process mathod,they may divided into pressing cage/turning cage

Most of the cages used in fishing reels are ribbon and nylon or without cage(full complement balls)

ABEC-5/all stainless steel/ribbon cage/

These requirments are absolutely ok for us, i will firgue out about the stainless steel grade,cuz we have steel grade standard but do not have stainless steel grade standard yet. :)
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com

Killerbug

Make it X65Cr14 according to ISO 683-17, then we will be happy  ;D

http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

shelby.hong

Quote from: alantani on November 29, 2011, 02:00:05 AM
how does it hold up against salt?
52100 features desired hardness,strong rolling fatigue resistance,wearing resistance and stable dimension.
Except the grease protect,ASTM(52100) has a certain corrosion resistance for salt water.

shelby  :)
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com

alantani

the two common materials i see are 52100 chrome steel and 440c stainless steel. is your material closer to the chrome or the 440c stainless steel?

shelby.hong

Quote from: alantani on November 29, 2011, 02:37:14 AM
the two common materials i see are 52100 chrome steel and 440c stainless steel. is your material closer to the chrome or the 440c stainless steel?

52100/ASTM they are the same, :)

We usually use ASTM in our quotation, sorry about that i did not make that clear enough.  shelby
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com

Killerbug

Hi folkes,

What defines if steel is stainless, is the amount of chromium in it.  ASTM has nothing to do with it,  ASTM, ISO or whatever is standard organizations, that has made some definitions of the quality grades.  ASTM can be plain iron, or Stainless Steel dependent on the ASTM designation ;D

Regards
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

shelby.hong

Quote from: Killerbug on November 29, 2011, 03:48:54 AM
What defines if steel is stainless, is the amount of chromium in it.  ASTM has nothing to do with it,  ASTM, ISO or whatever is standard organizations, that has made some definitions the quality grades.  ASTM can be plain iron, or Stainless Steel dependent on the ASTM designation.  I am out of here  ;D

Yes,u r quite right.Actually, ASTM/ISO they are quality standard,but usually,our customers always know ASTM stand for 52100,cuz most of our steel material is 52100,so ASTM=52100 becomes a common view in our trading. :)

Apologize for that i did not make that clear enough. :)
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com

alantani

it looks like your bearings would not work for a fishing reel.  sorry shelby. 

shelby.hong

Quote from: alantani on November 29, 2011, 04:04:23 AM
it looks like your bearings would not work for a fishing reel.  sorry shelby. 

fishing reel bearing is part of our products,the material of fishing reel bearing can be total stainless steel or 52100 and ceramic, i am sorry about my poor English,maybe my answer makes you confused..But i am quite sure that our reel bearings can work well on reels, juz check the samples brought to you by hagard(my manager), i think that will show you all,  :)   shelby
www.isutami.com
shelby.hong@gmail.com

alantani

and to make matters worse, hagard (shelby's business associate) is flying into san francisco.  apparently a business meeting fell through, but they still wanted to meet with me, then fly on to los angeles.  i had to cancel that meeting.  there is no point in getting together, plus i have to help my daughter with her college applications.  the college aps have been a nightmare.   :-\