Ocean City Book

Started by Penn Chronology, December 18, 2019, 07:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn Chronology

I finally got some copies of my new book. Anyone interested in getting a signed copy, please email me at < mcass1@optonline.net >. We will make arrangements for the transaction. I will take checks or PayPal to that same email address. If you PayPal me, please do it as friend. The cost is $44.00 including Media Mail shipping.

Books are also available at:  http://whitefishpress.com/bookdetail/249

The book is 290 pages, printed in Black and White.

We do plan on Limited Editions, in color and hard covers, but, those are not ready yet.

There should also be a Volume II source book, which will have all the Ocean City catalogs and a reel glossary. The limited edition may be a two volume set. But that is future plans.

Alto Mare

Good morning Mike, I received the book on Friday and took it with me to Penn to enjoyed  it while getting my infusion...came right on time.

I still can't put it down, it is well loaded with some very hard to get information, thanks for making this happen for us .
You did an amazing job and I can just imagine how much work is involved for such a treasure.
I will cherish this book and the others Penn books you have written for us in the past and keep them with us as long as I can, for generations to come...hopefully.
I'm also thankful for all the informations you were able to absorb from the late Mr. Ray Hodges and many others you have mentioned in the book.

You've mentioned there were other members that wanted to get me this book as a gift, some actually wanted to send you the payment.
I thank them for such a kind thought, that was so nice of them, but you wanted to do it.

Thank you for sending me this masterpiece  on you Michael Cacioppo, it is truly appreciated.

Great job my friend, I hope the volume II will happen and doesn't stop there...sorry, giving you more work, but can't stop such a guy as yourself. :)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Mike!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

milne

Penn Chronology

Glad you are happy Sal. It was a pleasure to pass the book to you. It is always good to return a gift to someone like you, who gives so freely.

Glad you are enjoying it. It was a massive project, really did take two years to put together and then another two years to convince the publisher that people would be interested enough to actually pay money for it.

The world needed to know a little about Ocean City. When I was a kid, I used to fish with my best friend and his father. His father used Ocean City reels while I used a Penn. That old timer used to tell me that when I grew up, I would not use those crummy Penn reels, I would use only Ocean City reels. I have a sentimental connection to Ocean City Mfg. Co. even though they went out of business. They were a great product and were where the Penn Reel was first conceived.

Happy New Year!!!

Penn Chronology

QuoteClass act Mike !!

Col

Thank You

foakes

Look what came in the mail today!

Thanks, Mike!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Penn Chronology

QuoteLook what came in the mail today!

You are welcome. The reference material in that book is priceless. Enjoy.

Alto Mare

Still enjoying my Ocean City and the other 3 about Penn Reels.
Came right on time , they sure helped me while sitting on that chair  getting infusion.

Thank you Mike for all the work you've put into these projects, you did really good for us and I appreciate it very much!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Penn Chronology

QuoteStill enjoying my Ocean City and the other 3 about Penn Reels.
Came right on time , they sure helped me while sitting on that chair  getting infusion.

Thank you Mike for all the work you've put into these projects, you did really good for us and I appreciate it very much!

The final editing on the OC book was not used. I did not get it in in time before the book went to the binder, so there are a number of minor errors that will be corrected in a later edition, I hope.

Sal, why are you getting an infusion? Are you OK?

Alto Mare

Quote from: Penn Chronology on March 26, 2020, 05:49:54 AM
QuoteStill enjoying my Ocean City and the other 3 about Penn Reels.

The final editing on the OC book was not used. I did not get it in in time before the book went to the binder, so there are a number of minor errors that will be corrected in a later edition, I hope.

Sal, why are you getting an infusion? Are you OK?

P M sent Mike... thank you!
Sal