Aged Senators (4/0 internal ring screws) and Wide and Narrow old 2/0 and 3/0

Started by Farmer Mike, December 22, 2019, 02:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmer Mike

#1.  I just picked up a Penn senator with screws securing the internal rings to the stand.  This one is marked 4/0 with no stamp on the reel stand (no yards or part #) I have seen this hidden screw design in is early 2/0 and 3/0s but most older 4/0 are buit with screws through both rings.

Any idea of when this design shifted

#2.  I have accuulated several old first design senators 2/0 s  and 3/0 s some are wide others are narrow I dont see any reference to wide style in parts diagrams.  Were these old options or old mods.

I can add photo as time permits.

Penn Chronology

[quote1.  I just picked up a Penn senator with screws securing the internal rings to the stand.  This one is marked 4/0 with no stamp on the reel stand (no yards or part #) I have seen this hidden screw design in is early 2/0 and 3/0s but most older 4/0 are buit with screws through both rings.

Any idea of when this design shifted

#2.  I have accuulated several old first design senators 2/0 s  and 3/0 s some are wide others are narrow I dont see any reference to wide style in parts diagrams.  Were these old options or old mods.

I can add photo as time permits.][/quote]

Would like to see photos. These variations that you mention sound like after market conversion.