Penn Intl TRQ 300 Lever Drag

Started by Navidad Nutcase, December 28, 2019, 05:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navidad Nutcase

Hi everyone. I picked up a TRQ 300 leverdrag at a garage sale. It was VERY cheap compared to ebay pricing. The handle will not turn the spool - handle cranks, nothing happening at ANY drag setting. It's in very good condition cosmetically )) I am thinking a stripped gear but does anyone have any pointers on opening the reel ? I have opened several dozen internationals from 0ld 20's to newer 50 2 peeds. Are these reels built the same internally ?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Keta

They are not the same as the International reels but not hard to work on.  Take it apart and look.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

nelz

I've heard the 300 is prone to pinion failure, could be the case for yours. The gear cover can be very tight to pull off, just gotta work it carefully.

Navidad Nutcase

thanks guys, for the encouragement. I'll open it up CAREFULLY and take a look.
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.