Le Super Spinning Reel

Started by Hardy Boy, January 02, 2020, 04:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

Well gents I was rummaging around in one of my reel boxes looking for some backing and I had this tucked in a box. Weird little spinning reel with a "wing" on it to trip the bail over; kind of art deco looking. It functions but has no anti reverse system working (I have not taken it apart yet). It says Le Super Omnia, made in England. Is this thing old ? Is it rare ? Is it worth anything?

Cheers:

Todd

Todd

Midway Tommy

Todd,

It was made by T.J. Harrington & Sons, Ltd of London. It's from 1960ish. It's old, cool and looks great on the shelf, but not very collectible. Maybe $25-$35.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Hardy Boy

Tommy: Thanks for the info ! I like the name as TJ is my initials. Maybe someone will want to trade a few parts or something for it? I don't have a need for it and have other old reels.

Cheers;

Todd
Todd

steelfish

Ted, let me know, what might you need or want as a trade, I think it would look cool on my shelf at my office along some other old reels with no much collectible value.

The Baja Guy

oc1

Looks like it was last owned by George Jetson.
-steve

Sharkb8

Ruffy

I'd be interested to see the inners of it, especially the oscillation system. That is a very shallow spool. Interesting looking reel though!

Cheers,
Andrew

Hardy Boy

Alex: I PM'd you re trade.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

steelfish

The Baja Guy