Daiwa 7270A for my daughter.

Started by Beachmaster, January 02, 2020, 11:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beachmaster

Picked this little UL off ebay for a few bucks. Took it apart and cleaned/lubed.  There is literally like five parts to this reel.  It appears to be from 1975. I spoiled it with 200 yds of 8 lb test and had her out in the yard teaching her how to cast it. She did great! I think we are going to go try to catch something tomorrow!

xjchad

That's awesome!
I love getting my kids involved with that stuff, can't wait to see what she catches!

PS- my kids regularly out fish me now, so be ready  :D
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Crow

Good job !! It'll work out great for her !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

Good luck, and post pics of the outing. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

festus

That's a nice one, she'll catch on to fishing it in a few minutes once you get her to water.

BTW, I had the older version of that reel. Gave like 2 bucks at Heck's Dept. Store and got change back around 1973.  Looked like this one in the pic from ebay.

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: xjchad on January 02, 2020, 11:31:59 PM
That's awesome!
I love getting my kids involved with that stuff, can't wait to see what she catches!

PS- my kids regularly out fish me now, so be ready  :D
I'm in the kids (and wife!) out fishing me club too  :D
I don't mind, I just enjoy the quality family time.

Beachmaster

xjchad

YES! Nice trout for sure!

(that dude on the shore looks jealous  :D )
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Gfish

Alright! That's the way to get 'em started---without bein skunked!
Haveta say, when I's a kid, there was just somethin about bein on the water that woulda kept me commin back, even with bein skunked.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Sharkb8

Well done I bet you she be keen to go fishing again.

Kim

festus

I serviced both a 7270A and a 7280A today.  https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=30442.0 Fewest parts I recall in a reel.

Here's the 7270A and schematics.