Coming soon to a theater near you.

Started by Midway Tommy, December 06, 2019, 02:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midway Tommy

Getting close to that Shakespeare 2062 and Penn 712 side-by-side, piece-by-piece comparison I mentioned awhile back.    ;D

Here's what they looked like when I opened them up. Not too bad, although they obviously hadn't been cleaned for at least a decade or so.  ;)

Parts are all clean and ready for reassembly.  8)

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

happyhooker

mo65

I've been waiting for this one...will I need 3-D glasses? I here rumors it's better than the new Avengers movie. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

foakes

Quote from: mo65 on December 06, 2019, 02:59:32 PM
  I've been waiting for this one...will I need 3-D glasses? I here rumors it's better than the new Avengers movie. 8)

Ready here!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

basto

For me, the most interesting thing in the top pic is the difference in the 2 occilating arms.
The Shakes does it without the long gap that the Penn has where the arm meets the main gear.
Fascinating.
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Midway Tommy

It is done. For anyone interested I posted it in tutorial form both over here in Shakespeare and over here in Penn
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)