Flea markeet score DAM 110 and Mitchell 300

Started by Christopher M Songer, January 05, 2020, 02:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher M Songer

This morning at the monthly indoor flea at our county fair grounds I came across these for $10. Total, Everything. The Mitchell is nothing special I know, and it is gummy with a little tweaking it will be fine. the DAM 110 is in very good operating condition. I guess if anybody wants an extra spool let me know as I do not collect or plan to use these. Just could not resist. The first time I went by the table I saw the 110 with a $20 tag and a few DAM spools. I kept walking. I came back hoping to get it for $10 or $15. I grabbed the 110 and 300 and asked the guy how much for the reels and pointed to the box. He said all reels $5 and spools $1 but put together a pile and I will sweeten the deal. Needless to say when I had both reels and 9 spools he said $10 for all I could not pull out my wallet any faster. The joy of putting these back to full function and maybe even fishing the 110 is worth every penny I paid.
Always go forward, never go straight

handi2

Wow thats a deal. I need to hit the flea market more often.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Smols

Nice score. I would have been jumping to get my wallet out too.

Do any of those DAM spools have 330 on the bottom?

I have 330 with a broken spool and would buy one from you...

festus

Great score.  On ebay that would cost more than a hundred bucks if bought piece-by-piece.  What a deal!

Christopher M Songer

message me to share email and I will get you a 330 spool.
Always go forward, never go straight

foakes

I would buy the (4) 110 spools for $100 + shipping, Christopher --

Nice haul!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

I would have had a tough time walking by the first time without making a 50% offer for fear of someone else grabbing the lot.  :o Nice score!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

wailua boy

happyhooker

foakes

Thanks for the spools, Chris --

I appreciate that!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Spools received today, Chris --

Thanks!

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Smols

Chris,

The spool arrived today. Thanks.... my 330 is like a new reel now.

Paul