Where can I buy parts for AVET reels

Started by Mkozmo626, January 06, 2020, 10:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mkozmo626

Hello:

I have been trying to get parts for my MXL 5.8 for the past 5 days. I need the pinion bearing and the spool bearing. I went to the Avet website and they have the parts posted on the website but there is no "Shopping cart" on the website. you can pick the items you want but all you get is a compare list and the "Add to cart" button takes you nowhere. I sent an email to them 4 days ago, no answer. I called a few times all I get is an answering machine. I have left voice messages with my phone number but no return call. So where do I go to get Avet parts if I cannot get them from Avet?

Thanks for your help

Mark

akfish

You need to call Avet and place an order. Their website is not working -- and hasn't been for a few months. Keep calling. Once you get hold of them, they are quite efficient, at least from my experience.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Mkozmo626

SoCalAngler

You do not have to go through Avet or any reel manufacture to get bearings. If you can measure the bearings then you could go with a local bearing supplier close to you. Any bearings I buy now I go through a supplier about 3 miles from my house. I call up and ask if they have the bearing I'm looking for. If they don't have it I ask how long for them to get it in, if that is too long I can always buy online.

SmoothDrag.com on this website will have the bearings you are looking for also, Dawn it great and gets orders out quickly.

Mkozmo626

Thanks for the advise. After calling Avet 5 times left messages twice, finally someone picks up the phone, the guy told me to email Maria at Avet. Emailed her twice still no response. This is getting to be a bit ridiculous. I will order from smooth drags. I have 4 Avet reels and this is the first time I needed parts.  Avst customer service seems to be overwhelmed with requests or they just have bad customer service.
Mark