Sandiago vs palomar test

Started by gstours, October 29, 2020, 02:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Just tie it so it looks like the one I showed and you'll be good.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

We have your cat's twin sister.

Here is a 4 turn San Diego tied with 200#.  If you want a small knot try a Springer knot, it is hard to tie with 200# but for 100# and down it is easy.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

Springer tied in 100#... it landed a 298.8# YFT so it held up!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

gstours

Yes,  Thanks to all contributors on my problems... :'(
  I am getting down the road and making progress in this endeavor between the pal and sandiago and am getting pretty consistant results butt there is an occasional flag that pops up with a low line pull failure.
  Yes I remembered what Lee posted a while back and did try the John Collins knot eventually with the 80# and it broke at 75-80+ several tests,  So maybe its the one for me?

gstours

This jc knot almost always tested better than the pal or sandy.
   Butt I'm thinking that it's better for heavier mono than 60-80#?  It's quite easy to tie as well.

gstours

After many knots were tied and tested my gut feeling is it's whatever you can do yourself and have confidence in as connector.    Below is an example of the battle.  They should do the job of course as drag numbers on the reel will be less.   Remember this is only a test.🧜‍♂️

gstours

Ok, now for the reel pull test.   If I only had some starting fluid 💥.   🛠.  Thanks again for your help.

Brewcrafter

Good luck with the old Fordson...time to trade up to an 8N.. ;D