Snow on the beach

Started by gstours, January 08, 2020, 03:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Traffic was lite as we went to the boat the other day.  Didn,t seem like much was going on.  It was breaking daylight and sorta cold.
   I wondered why am I doing this.   Maybe solitude makes you go mad?  Then I started thinking of food.  Like a fish on the bbq.

Gobi King

Nice king, you still have your boat in the water?
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

David Hall

Winter Kings best tasting salmon ever.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

nice fish G! Solitude, the little I get, is what keeps me sane!

Benni3

That's a big fish,,,,,, ;) the only thing missing in that picture is snowbunnys on the beach,,,,,, ;D

gstours

The winter fishing is a lot more work.  This wears on a friendship it sseems.   Usually I will fish if I can, when I can, the weather is a big factor.  So I,d rather have the boat at home if I,m not using it.  So its more trailer time.  In and out? ???   Sometimes there will be a predicted window of doable weather so then it changes the prioritys. ;)   

Steve-O

Nice King, Gary!  My buds on POW are running into lots of shakers. And picked up a 35 # flattie right in front of the lodge.

gstours

Thanks for sharing your pictures.  I love the little kid out there!  Little kids love open tackle boxes. :)   The weather is typical looking for a good day.    Shakers mean there's some hope in your fishery if they stick around. 
  Usually it's instant grab the rod, then a short not too sure part, followed by mixed consolation when a halibut is caught when trolling for salmon,  at least on my boat.🚣‍♀️   I didn't mean they are not welcome 🙏..   you just switch dinner plans a little.   It's all good.

Dominick

Quote from: gstours on January 10, 2020, 08:15:39 PM

Usually it's instant grab the rod, then a short not too sure part, followed by mixed consolation when a halibut is caught when trolling for salmon,  at least on my boat.🚣‍♀️   I didn't mean they are not welcome 🙏..   you just switch dinner plans a little.   It's all good.

Yeah, life is rough when you have to switch from salmon on the brain to halibut on the brain... :D ;D  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

just got this photo from my daughter in vancouver, canada!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Is that a picture of snow on a stump?  Dominick