NOS - 2002

Started by Gobi King, January 08, 2020, 04:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

I will keep that in mind, Andy --

While I have plenty of parts to put more NOS reels together than most folks could ever fathom -- there are a dozen other projects and opportunities that will involve the first 4 months of this year.

Major Parts acquisitions, backlog of builds - repairs - restores, organizing, finishing up shop remodel, selling major lots of NOS reel parts, completing orders, etc.

Then there are family priorities, home projects, vehicle projects, a few out of town camping trips, trailer acquisition, construction projects for friends out of town and neighbors closer, Church and Church Tech upgrades, and personal stuff.

A lot of this has been pushed back over the last 4 years due to the unprecedented, but necessary removal and processing of the beetle-killed Ponderosa Pines on our property.

My goal is to take a good bite out of the projects over the next 6 months -- so that I can go fishing on a regular basis by Memorial Day.

Please don't hesitate to remind me of your needs/wants over the next 6 months.  Will be spending a major portion of my time working on reels, restores, new builds, and such.  That is how I relax.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Quote from: foakes on January 13, 2020, 08:55:36 PM

Please don't hesitate to remind me of your needs/wants over the next 6 months. 
Best,

Fred

Drop down and give me 50 push ups.   ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

Quote from: Dominick on January 13, 2020, 11:21:08 PM
Quote from: foakes on January 13, 2020, 08:55:36 PM

Please don't hesitate to remind me of your needs/wants over the next 6 months. 
Best,

Fred

Drop down and give me 50 push ups.   ::)  Dominick

No sweat, Sir --

First, you give me 15 -- just to show me how -- then I'll give you 50.

Our elders are our examples...😀😀😀

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

philaroman

oh, just do a couple against the wall; loop the vid; rotate 90...  Brave New World

seriously,

since you're short on time & overstocked on parts,

you could do complete DIY kits -- THIS WOULD BE THE PLACE!

foakes

It takes 3 times as much time to assemble the parts ready to build a reel -- than it takes to build the reel.

Putting together a batch of about 100+ various different DQ parts for a friend over in the UK -- it takes considerable time to make a list, pull the parts, maybe do a cross-check for fit on un-numbered parts, cross the parts off the list, bag and number the parts, ship.

I cannot even imagine putting together a kit of 85 or 90 parts -- without leaving something out -- then answering emails about procedures, tips, tricks, missing parts, lubes, fine tuning, etc..

No one would value my time -- and I would not blame them -- and a "kit" would cost more than a completed reel of new parts.  So that idea might work for some -- but probably not this child.  I enjoy building the reels.

My first priority is to the contributing members of our site -- then comes the rest of the world.

Everything will be addressed at the right time -- just grateful for being able and productive.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

handyandy

Fred I still can't thank you enough for the various parts and advice you have helped me with. I hear you on being busy, between the baby, the regular full time job that pays the bills, home projects, car repairs/projects in the garage, not to mention drill and various training I have to leave for a week or so for the Army I feel your pain. Fussing around with reels tends to get pushed back too, but working in the garage on cars, engines, reels or whatever mechanical project I have I really enjoy as it sounds like you do as well. It's the house projects I despise. I only do them cause so many contractors are unreliable, usually wouldn't do any better job than I would, and I'm cheap. Fishing, hunting, and working in the garage are what I really enjoy. House projects are just a necessary evil that gets in the way of the good things lol.

Often times I'm pushing back the home projects or cars I need to work on in my garage to get time in hunting and fishing. I really try to hunt and fish enough so we don't have to hardly buy any meat from the grocery store. Usually the only meat we buy is chicken and pork since I don't have a good wild game substitute to them. We'll buy a good steak here and there along with Salmon since we both enjoy that and I'm not catching any salmon in Indiana lol. And despite how well I can make some good duck breast or a deer loin it still doesn't compare to a good bone in ribeye. All the best to you Fred no rush on getting a 00, 01, 02 series reel together for me I don't need one, but it would sure be awesome to have a better than new one from you.