alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial New guy from NC
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
February 27, 2020, 02:20:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy from NC  (Read 623 times)
Benni3

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 04:07:10 PM »

Welcome from salem Virginia,,,, Cheesy and I fish Smith mountain lake sometimes,,,,,, Grin
mwardncsu
Striper fishing fanatic....

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 05:12:18 PM »

I'm in Fuquay, neighbor. Where do you fish?

Small world - lived in Fuquay on the west side of town for about 5 years 20+ year ago - very different place now.....

I fish mostly Smith Mountain Lake in VA for striped bass.... though try and get to the Chesapeake Bay for salty striper in the winter and cobia in the summer - and planning a Pamlico trip near Labor Day for old drum / bull reds....

west side of town is now Holly Springs...I have a place at Kerr; from Hennason to begin with.

I know a number of the Kerr Striper guys - several were up at SML in December for the Striper Mafia tourney series I run.  We put on a benefit tourney on Ssml for the daughter of one of the Kerr guys as she was battling cancer and then I helped the guys with one down there. Good crew of anglers

Run Shimano Tekota 500/500LCs and Avet MXL 5.8's for all my live-bait reels, and Shimano Stradic CI4+ spinning reels . Shimano Curado bait casters for casting.
Darin Crofton
Tampa, FL Photographer
Firearms Group

Work is for people who don't fish!

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 05:13:38 PM »

Welcome aboard, from Tampa!

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?
Benni3

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2020, 07:24:02 PM »

Small world - lived in Fuquay on the west side of town for about 5 years 20+ year ago - very different place now.....

I fish mostly Smith Mountain Lake in VA for striped bass.... though try and get to the Chesapeake Bay for salty striper in the winter and cobia in the summer - and planning a Pamlico trip near Labor Day for old drum / bull reds....

west side of town is now Holly Springs...I have a place at Kerr; from Hennason to begin with.

I know a number of the Kerr Striper guys - several were up at SML in December for the Striper Mafia tourney series I run.  We put on a benefit tourney on Ssml for the daughter of one of the Kerr guys as she was battling cancer and then I helped the guys with one down there. Good crew of anglers
if you need any help let me know the guides there follow my dad when he is there,,,,,, Grin
thorhammer

"You can't drank all day if you don't start..."

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2020, 09:16:45 PM »

Lemme know if you do a benefit or otherwise; have boats will travel- always wanted to roll up to Smith Mt and mebbe meet Benni- he is a legend.

Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2020, 01:00:19 AM »

Nice work and welcome !! You just need to dirty up your work space so your pictures don't put most of us to shame ! (except Fred)!

Itís the kitchen table - Iím on borrowed time and good-will as it is  Grin
Looks like you like to be adventurous🙂.

Welcome aboard from Philadelphia, youíll fit right in.

Sal
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 01:01:58 AM by Alto Mare » Logged

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
Sharkb8

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2020, 01:14:43 AM »

Welcome from South Australia Kim
happyhooker

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2020, 06:53:08 PM »

Greetings from Minnesota.

Frank
sharkman

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2020, 01:14:09 PM »

Welcome mwardncsu. My son currently lives in Mebane. I am originally from Forest City NC.
Tiddlerbasher
Photo Group

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2020, 05:11:23 PM »

Hi and welcome from the UK - Chris Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: