Long Island Walk on Boats over Christmas Break

Started by Gobi King, December 04, 2019, 04:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobi King

Grandma and I will be in Queen's over the Christmas break, dunno which day though. I have to look at the snow forecast to plan the drive.

Are there walk on boats running this time of the year, half day or entire day would be something I can afford time wise as I have to drive back to MI.

Also, what is being caught this time of the year?

FYI: Last time I was there I took my cousins to the piers south of JFK and it was lot tide and action was non-existent.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Gobi King

I found one on the south side that is all year round

https://captreeprincess.com/

Looks like they supply all the gear too.

I need to goog a little more and find out others going out of NY,

Most of them ended their season on Labor day or Nov.
Fichigan

Rivverrat

Gobi King

shifted the trip to end of the month, need to call the boat,
yes, yes, yes, I have my new iphone that is waterproof,
Fichigan

Gobi King

Trip report -
Drove out there it was sunny and cooooold, but there was a winter storm heading east from the wild west.
Grandma does not like driving in bad weather and my tend to agree with her.
We staying in Hazleton, PA and then drove into Long Island very early, got hit with the first bridge toll and that woke me up. Then again another one for the ring road to Brooklyn. I should have taken the inside roads as that early in the morning it would have not taken any longer.

Lucked out found a rockster parking spot near my uncle's house. Ate an early dinner and we decided to head back to MI to avoid the winter storm.

Drove through Fog/rain/Freezing rain/snow over to back to Hazleton (go Penn State).
Next morning work tangles prevented me from leaving before 1 pm. Lots of stops, coffee, meals. 60 miles from home the storm came in full force. The interstate had about 4 inches of pack.
the last 60 miles was at a top speed of 30 mph.

Time spent fishing = 0 hours
Time spent thinking of fishing = 30 plus hours

Fichigan