SW Florida 2020

Started by pjstevko, January 16, 2020, 07:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I leave for a month long work trip to SW Florida on Saturday back to where I used to work before I moved to CA. I can't wait to hit up all my old fishing spots. I have 3 species I'll be spending some time targeting and that is peacock bass, snakehead and clown knifefish. I wasn't into freshwater fishing much when i was there but i spent a bunch of time researching forums and looking at Google Earth and I have a big list of potential spots to check out so we'll see what happens. Shore based saltwater spots won't be an issue and I expect to catch snook, tarpon, jacks, seatrout, redfish and snapper.

Stay tuned to this thread to follow my month long fishing adventure....i mean work trip   ::);D  ::) ;D  ::) ;D  ::);D   ::);D

gstours

Thanks,  :). Good luck, send us some pictures 🌊🧜‍♂️🤭

RowdyW

pj, if you are going to target Peacock Bass you will have to go to the east coast in the Miami area.     Rudy

Benni3

Sounds like a fantastic trip,,,,,, :D I'm going look at my timeline to give a spot,,,,,, ;D

thorhammer

ha i believe all three of those are non-native. catch up some tilapia and boa constrictors while you are at it...

cant wait to see pics.

Fishy247

I'm looking forward to seeing how you do PJ!

Benni3

Snapper creek park right before you get there,,,there's a small bridge on sw 102nd pl and some apartments you can fish around for peacocks bass,,,,,, ;D

wfjord

Hadn't even heard of a Clown Knifefish, but by the looks of the one in the video I'm thinking it could be an interesting fish to pursue next time I go to FL.  I'd also like to go after peacock bass.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

pjstevko

Quote from: RowdyW on January 16, 2020, 08:55:22 PM
pj, if you are going to target Peacock Bass you will have to go to the east coast in the Miami area.     Rudy

Rudy there's a big population of peacocks on the west coast. They made it all the way to the west coast from Miami through the canals...... You just have to know where to look   ;D

pjstevko

Quote from: Benni3 on January 16, 2020, 11:51:52 PM
Sounds like a fantastic trip,,,,,, :D I'm going look at my timeline to give a spot,,,,,, ;D

Thanks!

pjstevko

Quote from: Benni3 on January 17, 2020, 12:18:07 AM
Snapper creek park right before you get there,,,there's a small bridge on sw 102nd pl and some apartments you can fish around for peacocks bass,,,,,, ;D

Which city?

PacRat

Benni3

Quote from: pjstevko on January 17, 2020, 04:18:09 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on January 17, 2020, 12:18:07 AM
Snapper creek park right before you get there,,,there's a small bridge on sw 102nd pl and some apartments you can fish around for peacocks bass,,,,,,  ;D

Which city?
kendall below Miami,,,,,, ;D

akfish

Do people eat any of these exotics?
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska