Fathom help.

Started by Normslanding, January 17, 2020, 05:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normslanding

Hi All, Can someone tell me the threads for the Handle Knob Screw Key No. 32L, Part No. 1191283. It appears to be a M3???? but I can't seem to have a thread match with my gauges.
               Thanks.

Tile

I checked the thread type on my Fathom 25 LW handle lock screw and I can confirm that is M3 - metric 3. Hope it helps :) .
In solid fiberglass we trust

Alto Mare

Plate screws are also fine threads on that reel, not a good choice.

I have a Fathom 25n that was gifted to me, it had a couple of stripped screws.
I re tapped all with coarser threads.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tile

This is why I am careful on tightening the sideplate screws on my Fathom and Alphamar as the M3 stainless steel screws can easily strip the threads clean off.

Normslanding

So far I know they are not M3-0.50. They may be M3-0.35 but I can't find one. Also I need a couple about 16 to 20mm in length.

Keta

I have the screw but can't find my metric thread pitch gage.  I will keep looking.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tile

Perhaps McMaster Carr may carry the necessary screws.

Normslanding

Didn't want to re thread but I did.  That solved the issue.
      Thanks to all.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Tile on January 19, 2020, 11:55:17 PM
This is why I am careful on tightening the sideplate screws on my Fathom and Alphamar as the M3 stainless steel screws can easily strip the threads clean off.

There are other ways, but I'm glad you chose that one.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.