Two Saturdays In A Row...

Started by Beachmaster, January 19, 2020, 02:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beachmaster

Two 441N!! I was lucky enough to pick up two of these in consecutive weekends.  I just won the one on top in a fierce battle of 20 bids.  The bottom one I picked up immediately as it was "Buy It Now" at $30 with $8.50 shipping last weekend.  I sent a question to the seller and they said they had it listed for about 5 hours before I got it.  I haven't had a chance to open that one up all the way, I took the cover off to peak inside and as suspected the brown bees wax...it's never been serviced.  Doesn't look as though it has been fished much at all.  Who else bid on these and was watching?  I figure of the 14 watchers some had to have been from here?

festus

Great scores!  Wasn't me bidding because I already had a couple but nowhere near as nice as those two.

Beachmaster

Quote from: festus on January 19, 2020, 02:50:38 AM
Great scores!  Wasn't me bidding because I already had a couple but nowhere near as nice as those two.

festus, I was perusing through old threads and came across the one where you scored your two 440's.  I am thinking I would like to use these in the surf or back bay on Texas coast for speckled trout, flounder, redfish.  Then around home for channel catfish, I think they are a bit "under-gunned" for blue catfish and Op's.  I think the 550 I have will do fine for that though or some of the many Penn vintage reels I have picked up.

mo65

I was one of the watchers...but fell asleep and didn't get to bid. Great score on those reels! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

festus

Quote from: Beachmaster on January 19, 2020, 02:58:24 AM
Quote from: festus on January 19, 2020, 02:50:38 AM

festus, I was perusing through old threads and came across the one where you scored your two 440's.  I am thinking I would like to use these in the surf or back bay on Texas coast for speckled trout, flounder, redfish.  Then around home for channel catfish, I think they are a bit "under-gunned" for blue catfish and Op's.  I think the 550 I have will do fine for that though or some of the many Penn vintage reels I have picked up.
Yep, the 440N would make a great channel cat reel.  12 lb. to 17 lb. mono is ideal for these reels, maybe up to 20 lb. at max.  The 550 is good with 20-30 lb. mono, above that, casting distance suffers.