Ready to fish!

Started by Beachmaster, February 16, 2020, 07:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beachmaster

Picked up this 85 Seaboy as pictured with whole spool of 20#Ande, aluminum spool, and carbon fiber drag washers for $10.  It is fresh out of the box, clean as a whistle.  I broke it open today and it's brand new on the inside. Doesn't look like it's been fished hardly at all. I cleaned it all up anyway and regreased with Penn grease, Cal's on the drags, and Lucas Reel Oil.
Took it out to the lake today on a 7' heavy rod and tied on 2oz weight  and had an absolute BLAST casting this bad boy!!  No backlashes and fired it out there about 60-75 yards.
We are heading to Texas coast, Bolivar Peninsula second week of March and I am going to fish this bad boy on the bottom for something to make a mistake!

milne

Hi Beachmaster,
                            $10    Geez,,, And you fished it as bought !!.
          Mate, that's the deal of the century right there, great looking condition, and, spool and drag upgrade.....
        It's nice to collect old shelfies,  but I'd a been wrapped to pick something up like that for a $10 er,  well done.

Col

mo65

Ten bucks well spent...have fun fishing it. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

vilters

bolivar peninsula, nice! is the ferry still running there? what might you catch that time of year? post your results...

Beachmaster

Ferry still runs. Rollover Pass is shut down and filled in for good.