What's happening out there ?

Started by milne, January 20, 2020, 08:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milne

Righto,
           It's been too quiet.......
What are all you crusty old collectors sneaking past, "she who must be obeyed" ?????.

Lets see some of those bargain vintage Penn purchases !........

;D

Col

mo65

Reel prices are unusually high for this time of year. I haven't been able to steal any Penns...lucky to find an "off brand" reel cheap lately. :-\
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Donnyboat

I picked up a Senator 9/0, a week ago for AU$65:00 including postage, the old model with brass bush bearings, should arrived this week, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

By the way Col, how much progress have you made on your boat, have you be getting any jokes lately, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Alto Mare

We couldn't touch a reel from the other side of the ocean, due to shipping costs.
Today the US dollar is much stronger, good time to bring those back to where they were originally made :). Of course it would be the same for DAM and more...

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

We are "away from home", at our winter quarters....and I'm "using reels" (without very much success, I might add :'(), instead of "buying reels".....although, the "devil" has made me check the listings , a few times. As has been stated....prices seem a bit higher, than they were a few months ago.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 20, 2020, 04:16:44 PM
We couldn't touch a reel from the other side of the ocean, due to shipping costs.
Today the US dollar is much stronger, good time to bring those back to where they were originally made :). Of course it would be the same for DAM and more...

Sal

Here you go Sal....

.....from across the pond, and now back home
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Oh wow Ted, first time I see something like that.
I'm not really sure, but it might be worth some money to a serious collectors.
You always find interesting stuff...very nice👍

Sal has
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

milne

Quote from: mo65 on January 20, 2020, 03:32:37 PM
   Reel prices are unusually high for this time of year. I haven't been able to steal any Penns...lucky to find an "off brand" reel cheap lately. :-\
Hey Mo,  I'm hearin ya on some of the prices on the Flea bay lately, it's gettin harder to snag a bargain of late.
            managed to sneer one though, I must admit, a 40's boxed Penn, ( I'll post it when I receive it), but i did pay over the top for it,  BUT, I just had to have that damn thing... ;D.

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 20, 2020, 04:16:44 PM
  Hi Sal, Hope all's well my friend.
            I'm heading your way in September this year, I'm calling it the " Antipodean raid "   spare bags to stash those reels in.
        My Wife believes the trip is a birthday present,,  I have ulterior motives  ::) 
         Hide the good stuff guys   ;D
Quote from: Donnyboat on January 20, 2020, 03:41:54 PM
By the way Col, how much progress have you made on your boat, have you be getting any jokes lately, cheers Don.
Hi Don, hope all's well, Yes the jokes are coming through LOL
  I have worked right thru since before Xmas, haven't had to many free days off, it's been crazy busy. trying to get the boat re wired inbetween, so I haven't even been on the computer much of late,,  holiday coming up in March,   Can't wait.......

Col

Lingwendil

Been bidding on cheaper reels here and there, but not having much luck. Also have other financial concerns that come first, can barely afford bait to actually use the things :)
Levelwind Lunatic! Cheap Bastard!

Penn and Pflueger nutjob!

Eyes out for: Pflueger Rocket, vintage 4-1 ratio or better spinning reels (especially metal-bodied and ultralight!)

Bill B

I managed to find a 500 and 505HS on the local classified's for $30 total.......Not much else though....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

RowdyW

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on February 09, 2020, 02:05:41 AM
I managed to find a 500 and 505HS on the local classified's for $30 total.......Not much else though....Bill
Hey Bill were you wearing a mask when you pilfered them??  ;D           Rudy

milne

That's a bargain Bill....  Haven't seen to many bargains of late,  very dry patch....

Col

Bill B

Quote from: RowdyW on February 09, 2020, 03:43:46 AM
Hey Bill were you wearing a mask when you pilfered them??  ;D           Rudy

Rudy, it's a good thing I'm friends with the local constabulary, a nod and wink was all it took to get through the road block set up  :D. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Long Enuff

Supply and demand, lots more folks chasing what is available than there used to be.  The auction site has increased their fees gradually and now sales tax as well.  Shipping costs have gone up too.  Unless you really have to have something special, much better deals to be had locally, without the shipping.  Local fishing forums, flea markets, yard sales and even pawn shops can pay off. Sometimes even an estate sale can pay off big, but all of this is more labor and time consuming.