What's happening out there ?

Started by milne, January 20, 2020, 08:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingwendil

I managed to grab a reel I've been on the look out for this five months, a Penn 210 with aluminum spool. Added bonus that it already had a 24-66 Jigmaster handle installed... For $50 shipped. I'm happy at that price, considering it's in such great condition, has a couple options I would have had to purchase separately anyway, and has just minor wear from use and storage, and a little dusty. I think she'll clean up just fine for a reel to be put to use in the SF bay :)

Also had "The Compleat Angler" by Izaak Walton that came in at the same time for ~$3.89 shipped. A lovely book. Highly recommended as the language used makes it a joy to read.

Still have my eye out for a nice no.9, no.109, and 350 but I can't bite on any soon unless they're very affordable ;)
Levelwind Lunatic! Cheap Bastard!

Penn and Pflueger nutjob!

Eyes out for: Pflueger Rocket, vintage 4-1 ratio or better spinning reels (especially metal-bodied and ultralight!)

mo65

I believe that #24-66 handle is the stock handle for the 210, at least on all the ones I've had. With a ss gear sleeve and a 5-stack these reels are awesome. Since they came with either the fine thread or the coarse threaded sleeve, you need to look at the number on your drag star to determine what your reel uses. The #10-505 star is fine thread...the #10-60 star is coarse thread. The early 210s had a beautiful steel main gear like the one used in the Jiggy 500S. Enjoy your reel! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Mike is correct, as usual- I noted my handle correction on your As-you-find-them for this reel as he was advising here :)