Sprinkles from the sky

Started by gstours, January 18, 2020, 12:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

A couple of friends from the evergreen state wanted some fish to eat.   After some twisting of my arm we decided on some dates butt of coarse I cant control much of anything so it rained softly for a week.  I guess thats why they sell raingear? ;)   We were anchored in about 160 feet of water kinda on a slope.   The reel used was a narrow 4/0 penn and it worked great.
  Here a short clip of us having fun.   Wish you were there. 

gstours

Keta

Rain in SE? What next  ;D
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Hardy Boy

almost as rare as rain on Vancouver Island .................. I'm sure !! :D

Nice clip Gary.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Steve-O

Nice Flatties, Gary!  Every time I watch your videos.....I have to go to the freezer and thaw out some fish.

Lucky me,  today I'm having Salmon salad burritos.  Polished off the Dungies last week, yum!

Guess it's time for Poor Man's Lobster.

Thanks for sharing some nice fishies and flat water!

gstours

Nice lunch there buddy.  Glad for you.  Good memories too.
  We had lots of dungies ten years ago.  Then the protected sea otters overmultipled, cleaned them out, and we have to go ten miles away to even think about one.   Urchins, tanners, sea dukes, all gone.
    You don't miss the milk till the cow runs dry.    Thanks for the great picture.    Mmmm.👌

David Hall

As I sit here at my puter thinking about what I'm gonna pack for my trip with Alan, Ben and Todd coming up here in just three more days, when we jump aboard a flight from SFO to sunny Puerto Vallarta, I decided to check the forecast for the days we will be at the islands, ehh not what id hoped for and actually just about the same as were having right now in Cali.  mid to high 60's with a few hours in the low 70's.  a few days of rain showers, a lot of overcast skies.  BUTT! light winds under 10kts the whole time and seas under 5' from 6 seconds the first day and half to 19 seconds the next day and a half, I cant help butt think, (I'm always thinking) Mostly about what did I come in this room for?  the fish might be on the chew the entire time were there!  no moon for night feeding.  High hopes we get the chance to land a few nice tuna, some nice rock fish and maybe a big snapper or a grouper or two.

Its always an inspiration to watch Gary's videos especially before a trip to fish with the Osuna family. 
weird that the weather looks the same from AK to PV though?
what's up with that?

Gfish

Thanks for the pictures guys. I am neither gettin any big eaters nor can I cook any of the small ones I usually catch, worth a darn.
Gary, that's kayakin conditions. Ever consider it? Envision being towed around by a big Butt till it tires itself out. Further, envision an "Old Man and The Sea" experience of tryin to land it and haul it back to shore.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

gstours

Yes, I've thought about crazier things than that.  Butt you got to try some things like this to make you happy just staying home and being good.    Below is a trolling rod hidden in the bottom of the boat 🚣‍♀️ with me just row ing away from the dock in my dreams.   Life is short,  go fishing 🎣.