Penn 130 st clicker pawl

Started by Rusty12, January 28, 2020, 02:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty12

Having issues with the clicker working in free spool but once the drag is engaged I loose it. I have changed the clicker plate but still having same issues. My next thing to change is the click tongue. Im.trying to see if the click tongue comes apart easy. I took the nut off from the end but I dint know if the click button threads onto the tongue?

Tightlines667

No it doesn't thread into it.  You can tap it thrpugh with a punch, or use a vice grip or vice on the pawl to slowly work it loose.  Some penetratingboil and heat may be needed it badly coroded.  I would replace the pawl first (be careful it is the correct part.. there are many variations withing the same reel model).  Then consider replacing the belleville washers with slightly thinner to pull the spool closer to the handle side.  A thin shim on the tail plate bearing might also help the drag engage quicker which will in effect keep the spool/clicker ratchet a little closer to the pawl when engaged.  Make sure to use loctite on the nut that secures the pawl once you have things trimmed right. 

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Rusty12

Thanks John

One other question. I see in the schematics that it calls for 2 cam thrust washers but after taking the reel completely apart I only seem to have the one that is underneath the drag lever.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Rusty12 on January 28, 2020, 12:18:51 PM
Thanks John

One other question. I see in the schematics that it calls for 2 cam thrust washers but after taking the reel completely apart I only seem to have the one that is underneath the drag lever.

There should be one under the cam assembly itself.

Also, if you still can't get the clicker to eork with a new pawl, shorter belleville stack, and tailplate shim, as a last resort you can put 4 shims under the ratchet plate itself to raise it up.  Just make sure the screws have enough threads snd use loctite to secure them.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Rusty12

Thanks waiting in new clicker pawl to come in the mail....which orientation of the bellville would be smaller right now they are ()...change them to ))?