New San Mateo County Order allows Charter Boat operations starting June 6

Started by jon_elc, June 04, 2020, 09:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon_elc

i think managing the requirements will be a pain in the butt for the charter operators and mates, tho

Gfish

Yeah, looks like it's gearin-up for an economy vs safety thing. Should be interesting.
People on The Islands love Las Vegas and that's gonna open-up pretty quick. We'll see... If they's to do contact-trace inspections back from stuff like this, who knows what'll happen, especially if folks die as a result of others bringing home the virus.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

El Pescador

Jon,

You must have received the same SMS text from the County.

If you want to read it all, check this out.

https://cmo.smcgov.org/press-release/june-4-2020-san-mateo-county-shelter-place-order-modified-allow-outdoor-dining-charter

here is the section of the new Modified Order  that covers Charter Boats:

Charter Boats
Appendix-C also outlines the social distancing and safety measures for charter boats to operate with passengers.

The number of people aboard the boat must be limited so that at least six feet of spacing can be maintained at all times. Rod holders must be spaced at least six feet apart from each other, and boats must prohibit the shared handling of equipment, such as bait and tackle or binoculars.

Passengers must not shake hands, share food or drinks, or engage in any physical contact with each other or with the captain and crew. The boat and equipment must be washed after each trip. Bathrooms must be sanitized after each use and contain hand sanitizer or soap and water. Passengers are permitted to bring hand-held lunch coolers only — no large coolers are allowed.

The crew, captain and passengers are required to wear face coverings at all times except when eating or drinking.

Passengers of a single household or living unit are not subject to the social distancing requirements on the boat. They are not required to maintain a six-foot distance from each other, can have rod holders closer to each other than six feet, and can share equipment, food or drink with each other, but they must wear face coverings in the presence of captain or crew (face coverings are optional for children 12 and prohibited for those two and under).

So far,

Hulicat has nothing on their website.

Queen of Hearts is SOLD OUT

Riptide has Salmon Fishing for $200 each for ONLY 10 anglers.

Times, they are a'chang'n!!!!

I'm ready to get out there,   Dominick you headed back anytime soon?????

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Donnyboat

Just be careful, dont get to complacent, stay safe, keep well, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oc1

I'm glad the fishing poles will be social distancing too.  Imagine.
-steve

jon_elc

Wayne,

The Hulicat ran a rockrish/crab combo yesterday with 11 anglers.  Limits for all!

Dominick

I'm still hiding out.  Things have not calmed down enough to suit us.  Short term inconvenience for a longer life.  I want to be around as long as I can.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tiddlerbasher

jon_elc

Good call Dominick, I suspect there's a likelihood of increased # of cases in the near future, since less people are sheltering and more freely mingling about.  Stay safe everyone!