Family Cruise to Cabo and Fished for Half Day Feb. 3, 2020

Started by El Pescador, February 08, 2020, 01:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

great report Wayne and nice to see another homerun of the good old Baja Special

PS: you better get that Tom upgrade on that Badboy, you will love the sound and the feel of the solid and smooth SS sleeve and SS dogs
The Baja Guy

thorhammer

Epic! I did notice Alan's handle, using a bunch myself. Curious as to who wins in Tank v. Whale...

El Pescador

Quote from: steelfish on February 11, 2020, 08:19:46 PM

Steelfish!!!

Yes, nice drop in to explain to Ted about El Arco and Land's End.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch_of_Cabo_San_Lucas

A must unique place in this world for sure!!!

Here is a photo taken from the 17th deck of the cruise ship and we round Land's End from the Pacific Ocean to the Sea of Cortez.

And a shot from the Sea of Cortez side.

Jacques Cousteau called the Sea of Cortez "the world's aquarium" for good reason - over 900 species of fish and marine life live here.

https://qz.com/689414/a-dazzling-sea-that-jacques-cousteau-once-called-the-worlds-aquarium-is-now-in-jeopardy/

And I NEVER get tired of seeing the Arch - "El ARCO!" as it is called here.

By the Way on our way back to the Port of Los Angeles I photographed this island - anyone know what is the name of the island???

CEDROS ISLAND!!!  This from my GPS on my iPhone!!!!

Great trip and highly recommend it all for a great vacation for the family and fishing for those who fish!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

El Pescador

Quote from: steelfish on February 11, 2020, 08:19:46 PM

PS: you better get that Tom upgrade on that Badboy, you will love the sound and the feel of the solid and smooth SS sleeve and SS dogs

Steelfish!!!!

Based on your sole recommendation, YES, I will pull the Bridge and Gear Sleeve, remove the sleeve and the dogs and send the bridge only to Tom for his magic work.  Then, TRY The best I can to put Humpty Dumpty back together again, load it up with 80 lbs. braid and get back fishing.

And always remember...   FISH HARD!!!!   BUTT PULL HARDER!!!!

Wayne

Gfish

I remember Cedros Island from a commercial tuna boat trip I was on in the 80's. Left from S.D. and it took most of a day to go past it, till we lost sight of it. Now I know which Island it was. Wikipedia has a fascinating description of everything about it. Surprising that humans have been there for 11,000+ years...
I remember a guy came way out to us from the Island in about a 14 ft. outboard to trade lobster to us for beef.
Thanks for posting, great pictures!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

El Pescador

Ted,

Here is another shot of Land's End and El Arco (The Arch) in the morning with fishing boats leaving the harbor making a right turn & rounding Land's End and heading up the Pacific Ocean side for a day of fishing.

NICE!!!! ;)

Bryan Young

beautiful Cabo.  thanks for taking us along.  Is that the pesky reel that I had to put the bridge back in for you at the beach house?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Beginner

Hallo Wayne,
I had a big smile in my face when reading your report. perfect day.
Leo

El Pescador

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 13, 2020, 02:43:43 PM
beautiful Cabo.  thanks for taking us along.  Is that the pesky reel that I had to put the bridge back in for you at the beach house?

YES, Bryan, it is the exact one!!!!

I might call on you to put it all together after I install Tom's (Cortez Conversion) new Bridge Assembly!!!!

Stay Tuned...

Wayne

gstours

Thanks Wayne for taking us along with you so to speak.  Looks like a perfect vacation to me. 
    Fishing in a panga with those whales would have been the best fish of the day for me.
Glad you got to do another great trip with your family and Jennifer.   Hope to see you again.🎣
     ps. Tell your taxi guy hello,  for me.🧜‍♂️

Dominick

Quote from: gstours on February 15, 2020, 04:13:15 AM
Thanks Wayne for taking us along with you so to speak.  Looks like a perfect vacation to me. 
    Fishing in a panga with those whales would have been the best fish of the day for me.
Glad you got to do another great trip with your family and Jennifer.   Hope to see you again.🎣
     ps. Tell your taxi guy hello,  for me.🧜‍♂️

Hello, back atcha... Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.