25 years later

Started by Maxed Out, February 08, 2020, 01:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Back in mid 90's I took a few dozen rod & reel combos to our bar and made a nice display over the main bar. I can say they have inspired many conversations thru the years. I am now doing a bit of taking some back home. Looking up at them while they hung there, they still looked great, but hiding on the top half was years of collected greasy dust. My plan is to donate the stuff and let someone else deal with the mess. So if any of you find a big package on your porch with my name as sender, please put on your full rubber suit before opening package  ;D  ;D

I think I see a 68, 149, and black 710 in there somewhere
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Darin Crofton

pretty cool stuff, Ted, cleaning old reels is half the fun... ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

xjchad

One man's mess is another man's treasure!

I bet it was a cool bar!!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

MarkT

Wow, looks like they were over the deep fat fryer rather than the bar!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

Heck Ted, a little Dawn and some hot water and that grease and dust melts away.  Go for it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Donnyboat

Above the bar, must have spat a lot of bull #### @ them, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

festus

Looks to be a Gladding South Bend 900 series in the bunch.

Crow

Gee...that looks like the stuff I use everyday ???!!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

It's amazing how rods and reels attract dust. I think my stuff kept cleaner in the garage than it does in the house. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Lingwendil

Man, I'd love to have a go tearing down and cleaning some of those up! Looks like fun :) A dirty 149 sounds like a particularly fun project.

One of my favorite things is taking things like this, tearing them down, cleaning it all up, and putting them back together good as new and ready for use!
Levelwind Lunatic! Cheap Bastard!

Penn and Pflueger nutjob!

Eyes out for: Pflueger Rocket, vintage 4-1 ratio or better spinning reels (especially metal-bodied and ultralight!)

sharkman

Cool treasures. Little TLC and will be back to new and ready to fish.

Hardy Boy

Ted they didn't look that bad from where I was sitting one night at your bar........................... beer googles maybe! ;D

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Maxed Out

Quote from: Hardy Boy on February 19, 2020, 04:24:44 PM
Ted they didn't look that bad from where I was sitting one night at your bar........................... beer googles maybe! ;D

Cheers:

Todd

That's because all the grime was on the top side only. You could only see the underside as they were way up by the ceiling. I'll bring one for you to fish for butts
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!