Another toy or tool?

Started by gstours, February 08, 2020, 05:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here is a question of do you reely need this thing?  The FG knot has been talked about a lot.  Love it or hate it its still a tiny knot and has a place somewhere with the casting bunch mostly I suspect.   Let me know what you think of this thing? ::)      thanks. :)

RowdyW

Definetly a tool.          Rudy

David Hall

pretty slick and I think I could maybe remember how to use it.  then again, I can not remember how to use my gopro and I've had it for years.

alantani

but that's isn't an fg knot.  this is......

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

oc1

Quote from: alantani on February 08, 2020, 06:19:59 PM
but that's isn't an fg knot.

Correct.  The braid will not bite into the mono if done like that.  It will not have that Chinese handcuff effect and when the knot goes over the tip top it could push the coils together so they loosen and it all unravels.  You could use it for seizing but there's going to be a lot of twists in the line when you're through.
-steve

-steve

philaroman

cost?  line diameter range?   ...wait -- WHO CARES?

what does it actually do, except wrap braid around mono?

I suppose, for badly arthritic or otherwise malfunctioning hands -- it's a tool

otherwise, it ain't even a toy -- not much fun & doesn't do much

oldmanjoe

;D   I call it a toy, a tool is useful ..
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

wfjord

I'm probably the only person in the world who could screw up a knot using a tool specifically designed to tie it.

bhale1

Quote from: wfjord on February 12, 2020, 09:41:28 PM
I'm probably the only person in the world who could screw up a knot using a tool specifically designed to tie it.

Now that is funny!!! But your not alone ;D
Brett

boon

It's more like a not-very-good PR knot?

Sharkb8

It's  a toy that's spiral wraps the line that is not a knot.

Kim