New custom seats for jigmaster, squidder, surfmaster, etc

Started by Maxed Out, February 08, 2020, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

My testing phase is over now and I'm doubtful anyone will be disappointed with the new seats. I have very limited number of each size and color pictured. First come first served. The 501 seat is $42, the 99 width seat is $44, and 500 width is $46. add $4 shipping inside the USA. International shipping will be additional cost. Colors are black, red, and silver. These seats do not come with rod clamps. Tom H at Cortez Conversions is making us matching color rod clamps and should be available in next few weeks. Please keep in mind that my custom parts addiction is just a hobby and I'll be happy to break even on these. Also note that all my parts are USA made, polished, and anodized. This supports our local communities and economies. The 113yts kits (top left, and top right) will be on a separate thread

PM if interested

Thanks, Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

xjchad

Ted,
Your custom parts addiction sure results in some gorgeous parts!  :o

I'm saving up for one of those YTS kits!  ;D
Husband, Father, Fisherman

mo65

Fantastic looking parts Ted! I want a 501 silver seat. Not sure exactly what I'll do with it yet...but I have some visions boiling up...HA!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Maxed Out

FYI for anyone on "the fence". Very limited amount of each color and width. Several have been sold, and still have all sizes and colors available for the time being.

Alto Mare

I received my sets today, thank you Ted and thanks to Tom as well you both never disappoint.
I did not realize these are like the accurate, having the tongue machined from one piece...very nice touch Tom.
I don't want to tell you what to do, but after seeing these, you should start making them for all available reels.
I didn't get much time to assemble reels today, I did just one so far, but will post when I get the other kits done.
Here is one of the best looking Surfmaster100, pics don't do it justice, black is not easy to show:

Ted, thanks for getting these done...love them!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Maxed Out

Wow Sal, that's a beautiful reel. Love that knob and Adams blade too. Forgot to mention, these narrow seats are set up for standard width clamp thanks to Tom

Thanks for posting. Hope you are feeling better

Ted

Rothmar2

Sorry if this is a silly question, but do the 99 width seats have the extra hole for the Silverbeach? Wouldn't be a deal-breaker, for me. I like a 99 width in black.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Rothmar2 on February 14, 2020, 12:19:17 AM
Sorry if this is a silly question, but do the 99 width seats have the extra hole for the Silverbeach? Wouldn't be a deal-breaker, for me. I like a 99 width in black.

If it did have the extra middle hole it still wouldn't fit a silver beach cause different screw pattern. The new seats only fit 2 screw applications. You can build a faster/stronger silver beach 99 by just doing a black sideplates jigmaster in 99 width. I do have the seat for that

thorhammer

I built mine out similar to Sal's, except I have Sal handle mine, and Sal gave me the spool :)

He is correct, pics don't really show how nice these are- match the Black Pearl's black spacers perfectly. I'm going to sand a few thous off some SS Philips head 5-40 1/2" I have to use in the quick change ring- the stock screws, while they have caught millions of fish with stock stands, don't seat very deeply, and Ted has given us a platform to really tighten it up. As advertised the seat also covers gear set. I'm really happy and have it on a stick going fishing tomorrow!

mo65

Look at that Ted...Sal beat me to the Surfy 100! Looks killer Sal, I have one in the works, stay tuned. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Maxed Out

The new seats are not just for full customized reels. They are also a nice upgrade for many stock Penn models, like Sal's surfmaster.

This used to be a long beach 65, now it's a long "beast" 65  ;D  ;D

Alto Mare

Beautiful Ted, the 65 is another great reel... even better with your upgrades.
The possibilities are endless with these parts.
Good job Ted!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

And here is another assembled reel, using Ted's custom seat on Tom's plates. this one is a 501 Jigmaster:

These parts look good on any reel!

Sal

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?